Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

The_Redhead

Here's the fats, I mean facts...

Rate this Entry
I'm 52 (53 next month), I have been overweight all my life and I don't want to be fat anymore. My weight has been an issue for me my whole life. As far back as I can remember I've always been embarrassed because of my weight. Growing up in my family there were 3 slim sisters, ...and then there was me... the fat kid in a thin family.

I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars (including $8,000 for a lap band) to try and reach a 'normal' weight. I came close with the band and slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwly dropped down to 160 lbs. It took 2 years to get there and just as I saw the single digit size clothing ALMOST in reach, my band slipped and had to be removed. 3 years later I've 'expanded' to an all time high. Ok... I know, 220 lbs is not freakin' huge... but it is where I come from. My two living sisters barely pass the 100 lb mark each and I'm literally the size of the two of them put together.

My oldest sister passed away almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately, somewhere (and for some reason) along the path of her life she gained an enormous amount of weight. When she became terminally ill she was probably close the 400 lb mark. When she died she was still over 300 lbs. I went to see her in hospice and I felt so very bad for her. ...Not just because of her illness (of course that was a big part of my sadness for her) but also because I knew she had been horribly depressed because of her weight. I could understand how she felt and I realized that she could no longer do anything about it. She had wanted so badly to be thin again and would never do so.

I have never been 'thin (for longer than a few days) and I don't want to die a fat woman. 'I'm counting on the sleeve to help me change my life.

Submit "Here's the fats, I mean facts..." to Digg Submit "Here's the fats, I mean facts..." to del.icio.us Submit "Here's the fats, I mean facts..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Here's the fats, I mean facts..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do it! And stay on here. Tons of support.
    You WILL succeed!
    we are approximately the same age. I too am the fat one in the family. Even more then dying fat, I didn't want to live and get heavier and heavier and burden my husband with lugging me around. Good luck to you. You will do great.
    Wow! I could have written most of what you wrote! Good luck! I am just 1 month past surgery and I am down over 30 lbs. I know I still have a long way to go but I know I'm going to get there...for the first time in my life!!!
    Me, too. I am counting on the sleeve to give me my life back. Hope it works. I'm 4 weeks down and doing well so far.
    I totally understand what you are going through we are the same age and was fat pretty much my whole life I want to wear a bikini hahahahaha.....and I will grrr....we could do it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by orsola
    I totally understand what you are going through we are the same age and was fat pretty much my whole life I want to wear a bikini hahahahaha.....and I will grrr....we could do it!!!
    I'm just a few years younger, but I doubt this bod will ever wear a bikini even after some plastics! Plan on a TT & implants after I loose my weight with the sleeve, but this poor bod has a a road map of incisions from prior surgeries. Would make Rand-McNally jealous, lol! A nice 1-piece I can do, but I have enough scars that I just dont want to subject the world to.
    thank you for sharing, your story. I relate to you with losing most the weight but it taking incredible amount of work gaining it back..so frustrating! I'm looking forward to seeing your success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Think
    I'm just a few years younger, but I doubt this bod will ever wear a bikini even after some plastics! Plan on a TT & implants after I loose my weight with the sleeve, but this poor bod has a a road map of incisions from prior surgeries. Would make Rand-McNally jealous, lol! A nice 1-piece I can do, but I have enough scars that I just dont want to subject the world to.

I will be 48 this month and I say to hell with the scars. I dont normally call them scars but battle wounds. IF you sit on the sideline all the time you never get them. The only players that get hurt are the ones in the game so I dont give a rats behind about what others say about my "battle scars", because I am getting back into the game.
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was quite moving. Bless you for your big heart.
    I so feel your the pain in your words. I was the opposite of your case 15 years ago. My sisters were/are on the heavy side. I was the thin one who always took care and pride in how I looked and what I did. However this side of me didn't appeal to my sisters so I made the sacrifice of eating my way to their approval. When I gained some 90 pounds I 'fit right in' with them and there is my sad story.
    I can't be like this anymore either. I am obviously not doing this for my sisters but as I age I'm more than ever concerned about my health. My blood pressure has recently gone off the charts and I refuse to drop dead from a heat attack.
    So dear girl I wish you well on this journey of yours. Keep in touch we have very similar stories of life.