Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lucy61

10 month check in

Rate this Entry
Wow what a journey this has been, maybe its still honeymoon but I feel fantastic! - Would I do this again - YES HELL YES
- I blogged about my journey before & after surgery - check out my profile for that
- So what is different today from before - I was a size 18/20, today I wear a size 10.
- My confidence is huge now I feel so much better walking into a room
- OMG my legs are sore from being able to cross them now!!!
- I have lost 63lb 29% of my body weight!
- I don't want to be a size 5, I like where I am today, I have shape and feel comfortable in my 5'5" frame at 159 lbs.
- I still and always will weigh myself every single day to keep the scale from ever going back up - I can control getting off 3 lbs but 10lbs becomes a struggle
- My wonderful husband of 35 years has been my strength, my support, my everything - he has even lost 30lbs and we both feel like kids again!
- My c-pap is long gone, my cholesterol meds, out the door too
- I take 1 multi vitiman a day, I DON'T drink protein shakes, I get all my nutrition from food sources - 80% protein, 10% carb & 10% veggie and my 3 & 6 month blood work comes back perfect right in the middle of all the ranges
- I still keep my food scale on the counter to weigh my food to make sure my eye's are not playing tricks on me
- Most of the time I use smaller dishes, because if I use larger dishes I tend to over fill them and then graze more than I should
- Treats - yep I have them and enjoy them
- Alcohol - yep I drink rum & water and flavor w/mio type flavorings, but no carbination I don't miss that (I do drink 1/2 shots tho because they hit me harder now that I am smaller)

So there you have it in a nutshell. I have my life lessions that I have been engraining into my daily routine so they become habit not something I have to think about - the doc said it takes us 18 months to reset our habits, so that's what I'm working on, resetting my old habits to new healthy habits

Good Luck to you all in your journeys ~

Submit "10 month check in" to Digg Submit "10 month check in" to del.icio.us Submit "10 month check in" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 month check in" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats Lucy on your fantastic achievement!!!!
    Congratulations on your success and your realistic approach!!! =)
    WOO HOO ! ! ! Way to go & thanks for sharing, it helps give the rest of us such hope.
    Awesome - nearing goal in only 10 months!!
    Congrats! And thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Yay for you!
    Thanks for sharing, that is helpful!!
    Honest and inspiring as always. Thanks for your post!!
    Congratulations, thanks for sharing your story of success!
    Good to see you so happy. Great job!
    Love your posts, keep checking in-
    Congratulations on the great job! You look fantastic!