Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

azladyrider

You want Mary Poppins and a fairy tale?

Rate this Entry
Then go rent the DVD's

I am so disgusted at newbies saying they over eat, they eat steak two weeks out, crackers, a week out, whatever, they get stabbing pains in their stomach that are horrible but hey they kept on eating and then they get offended when they say "oh gee what's wrong with me why can't I lose weight", and people tell them they are not doing the right things.
Don't ask for opinions if you aren't adult enough to hear the truth people. Jesus Christ.

When I was about a month out I was eating right but I was always low on energy and just hated the heartburn. I whined about it to a gal that was a friend and 7 months out and she have me some very good advice

"Put your big girl panties on and deal with it, you just had major surgery what do you expect dummy" (she actually called me another name but .... lol)

If you are doing something to harm yourself and potentially make you sick would you rather have someone say Oh poor baby here have another bite of food to feel better? lol Apparently that's the majority of thinking here.

Bottom line is if people don't want every opinion good or bad and they want to do what they want anyway then why bother to ask?

Some people seriously need to GROW UP and take responsibility for themselves and know this surgery was a life changing one.

I've never been one to tell people what they want to hear, nope, ask and they will get the truth. Can't handle it? Not my problem

Sheesh - I already have all notifications to this site shut off so that I don't come here and read some of the posts that just disgust me - sure wish I could figure out a way to delete my profile totally.

Submit "You want Mary Poppins and a fairy tale?" to Digg Submit "You want Mary Poppins and a fairy tale?" to del.icio.us Submit "You want Mary Poppins and a fairy tale?" to StumbleUpon Submit "You want Mary Poppins and a fairy tale?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bravo! I like what you have said, except that you want to bail from this site altogether. The voice of truth should never be quelled.
    Ever hear the phrase if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all? Listen to it. People like you do not need to be so condescending. We all have our faults and i'm sure you have yours.
    We do all have our faults but we all go into getting the sleeve knowing what we need to do. If a person isn't going to follow doctor's orders why have the surgery? Sometimes truth hurts. I like to encourage people but I will not encourage anybody to hurt themselves.
    I totally agree!! When people ask for opinions AND GET OPINIONS, don't complain! If you're doing things wrong and people try to point you in the right direction, don't complain!! I come on here for real life experience and knowledge. I don't sugar coat things and expect honest answers in return. If the newbies don't like the advice of the more experienced, then eventually we won't bother to answer.
    This post is in response to some pretty hateful things she said on another post. She a mean spirited person.
    There's a difference in saying something nicely in order to help others, and then there's saying something mean and spiteful as Ladyinwaiting had mentioned.
    YES MA'AM!!!!!!!! AMEN, and Halijaulah ! Please, for god sakes, don't get on here, and ask advice, then be snippy if you don't like the advice. Just take it for what it is- you don't have to FOLLOW IT, you don't have to live by it, you should just "Take it into consideration" like all other things in life-

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I told "weapsonsofmassdestruction" If you start eating solids, gain weight, and get on here, and open a thread saying "HELp, STALL STALL STALL" Im going to lose it LOL (He didn't of course, because he is following the rules, and its paying off for him BIG TIME, and he is loving life) but anyway-

Thank you for this post!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNotABarbie
    Ever hear the phrase if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all? Listen to it. People like you do not need to be so condescending. We all have our faults and i'm sure you have yours.
    "people like you"? You mean people that tell the truth and don't coddle? YEP guilty as charged.

How is telling someone the truth that they are harming themselves being condescending.

So yeah here's a thought back at ya - stay off my blog if you don't like what I have to say ok sweetheart?

If someone just had a knee replacement for example and came to a discussion forum and said "OUCH I just got done walking 3 miles and I hurt myself" what would you say? You would hopefully tell them they were not doing themselves any favors. There is no difference.

But hey I lost the weight and I am keeping it off at the one year mark and I am also working out and very healthy. If others choose not to then that's their issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyinwaiting
    This post is in response to some pretty hateful things she said on another post. She a mean spirited person.
    Sorry I said NOTHING hateful in the least.

Totally nothing other than the truth. You don't know me - I am in no way mean spirited, what I am is truthful and like Jack Nicholson said in his famous movie line "you can't handle the truth"
    Not my problem

And it's hilarious that others said nearly exactly the same thing to the people not following their diets and then whining about it and then you called ME out?? Like I care? Trust me I do not

And no this isn't in response to anything my dear -this is me voicing my opinion and disgust.

Don't like it? Don't read my blogs ok?

Nitey nite
    EXACTLY to the others that see my point - funny the ones that don't see it are the newbies or the one pre-op. Why do they bother to ask?

Sigh I have far better things to do like run a successful business So eat steak a week out, eat ice cream, stay obese, knock yourself out truly have at it.

SHEESH
    Nope I wont stay off your blog. You put it out there for everyone to see..If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen
    ROFL ok knock yourself out. Then don't BITCH about what I care to share ok sweetcheeks?
    And I am never in the kitchen either lol But bring it on little girl bring it the fu** on. I am sick of the attitudes of some of you that think YOU can say whatever the F you want to but GOD FORBID anyone calls you out on your garbage? WOW at least I am not a hypocrite.

I never came out here and whined about when I had heartburn or wasn't feeling well, but then again I never would have whined anyway, not my style. See it's like this; I didn't need to whine about not eating properly and not losing weight since I did eat right and I did lose the weight.

Once again hunny buns others totally agree with me on the not losing weight and then whining about how they only at a half quart of ice cream or only ate a half a steak a week out. the fact that you don't really won't keep me up at nite lol

NItey nite I have a business to run in the morning and tons of early morning meetings. No time for whiners

TA-TA
    alazyrider...No offense but you are totally overstepping here...Almost ALL newbies might eat a little more than they should have. ITS ALL part of learning their new tummies. I luckily haven't whined once about ANYTHING and I feel somewhat attacked by you that "It's always the newbies and the preop people..." I would like to quote you again " Sure wish I knew how to delete my profile". Just so you know, you don't need to delete your profile. If you don't like us here, just don't come back. NONE of us need your nasty comments. Also, I'd like to ad, if you're so busy with your new, thin, happy life and so so many business meetings, why the hell would you purposely come here to spread hate? You maam are an ass!!! Plain and simple! Your comments will now be ignored by me. Ta Ta
    There are two issues here. There is the truthfulness of the message, and the style of delivery. I have no problem with truth and tough love, but I believe it should include care and respect for the person. I personally feel that your posts are disrespectful of people and their struggles. So, by all means be straight with your advice, but think about whether or not people might find your delivery to be ... well, for want of a better word, mean.

But this is old news - this kind of debate has happened now several times in threads or posts where you have stated your opinion strongly in a way that some people find offensive. If you don't like the fact that people don't like the way you put your opinion (not the truthfulness of the message, but the language and tone of delivery) you don't have to post.

At some level, it's the same issue that you're complaining about. If you're going to come on and state really strong opinions, you're going to hear opinions back about your behaviour that you might not like. You seem like a person with a big personality so I'm sure you can be ok with that - people with strong opinions are usually ok when they get some in return.

Peace to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by valdonlon
    alazyrider...No offense but you are totally overstepping here...Almost ALL newbies might eat a little more than they should have. ITS ALL part of learning their new tummies. I luckily haven't whined once about ANYTHING and I feel somewhat attacked by you that "It's always the newbies and the preop people..." I would like to quote you again " Sure wish I knew how to delete my profile". Just so you know, you don't need to delete your profile. If you don't like us here, just don't come back. NONE of us need your nasty comments. Also, I'd like to ad, if you're so busy with your new, thin, happy life and so so many business meetings, why the hell would you purposely come here to spread hate? You maam are an ass!!! Plain and simple! Your comments will now be ignored by me. Ta Ta
    I like your post about it being a learning process that is so true no one has been through this before... Kudos to your comment about how busy she is with all her business meetings and life lol! She gets tired of hearing people whine? What does she think she's doing?
    Exactly Onery
    Sorry? One can be busy running a successful business and having a life and still have a little time to type - I multi task and type fast I have been up since 5 this morning working and had back to back meetings and still found time to socialize. And, so??? I am sure you will have a snarky comment on that too LOL Laughable

LOL I never whine. There is a difference in whining and venting disgust which is what my blog here is about. Don't like it? Not my problem. There are others here that have also clearly stated that don't "tolerate stupid" (their words not mine but it's a great quote) why not go after them? LOL WHATEVER!

And quite frankly maybe if you would open your eyes you would see that I respond in a nice way at first ... and then the person who ASKED for opinions says No you are wrong (when they haven't even had the surgery yet) THAT is what's disgusting.

So sorry you can't handle a straight up front personality. It is that personality that got me from bankruptcy and near homelessness in 2009 back to a 6 figure business that I worked day and nite to build. It is also that personality that has made me one of the top event coordinators for charities in the Phx area.

Never get tired of the "oh my stomach hurts", oh my stomach is making noises, oh I have heartburn. Um lol you just had your stomach cut out for christs sake what the hell did you expect? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many days should I take off work, how many days will I stay in the hospital, etc - um ask your doctor or patient coordinator. Why in the hell would someone ask others for medial advice? I have seen people who took off 6 weeks! REALLY? When I once very politely stated that I was up working from my recovery bed I got blasted for THAT too. Why? I didn't put anyone down for wanting to take 6 weeks off so why blast me for answering THEIR question on how long people took off from work? THAT'S the kind of crap that is uncalled for actually.
    I also remember being bashed for losing all the weight - REALLY? WHY? Someone asked me on a comment on one of my pictures how much I had lost and what size I am now and I stated the facts and very nicely too. So what happens that time? I get blasted for "bragging"? LOL I didn't brag, there was a question asked and I answered it period. The fact that some people don't like the facts will not change them.

I didn't ask such questions why? Because I did my research and I searched the forum here before I ever asked anything which was hardly ever but since it has been over a year I don't remember what I asked but I know I didn't ask things unless I looked for them here first and couldn't find an answer.

Then to have my own words twisted and have someone say that I BINGED? Um sorry that's COMPLETE CRAP! I never ever said any such thing - I will admit what I said but I will also stand up against anyone that outright lies to make themselves feel better about themselves. I don't have to feel better about myself, I m fine just as I am as my friends can all attest to.

So you all go on thinking I am a bitch and I will go on not caring lol

Nitey nite all thanks for the laughs again here. Never ceases to amaze AND amuse!
    I think along with some of your weight, you lost some sense. This site is for ADVICE from people who are going through the same thing. If they want advice from their doctor, they ask. If they want advice from us, they ask. I think you really need to work on your way with words with people. I can't believe your ridiculous attitude! Don't come back, if we all piss you off so much. Besides, your life is going wonderful, right? So what do you need US for?
    I find the newbie and just post-op posts to be helpful. I didn't know what questions to ask my surgeon until I spent some time on this forum, yes I had some questions but I came up with a lot more because of others' posts. I also learned what not to do and things to try to help in certain situations from this forum. If I read a newbie post that the person is not losing and he or she is eating steak and ice cream, I know to stay away from steak and ice cream and have it as a small and rare treat long after my surgery. I have also read plenty of posts from people following their surgeon's directions to a tee, still having problems, and looking for advice because every body is different and every surgeon is different. My body might not take too well to cheese but someone else's might. So while some might not like the newbie posts, I find them very helpful. And considering we live in a technological age, freedom of speech is also freedom to post, meanies and newbies alike!
    LOL Wow - yep Valdonton my life is great - and?? So I guess you are saying yours isn't so that's why you need this site? To suggest that one is pissed off is to suggest that one gives a F*. It's 5 am and I am up working but always have time for my daily amusement here. Thanks for providing it. I never needed this place for anything, not like some that come here and sit all day long and make this their daily dose of a social life.

And aanderson I have no issues with someone coming here and asking something, it's the "gee I just ate whole bag of chips and a steak and I am a week out from surgery and I am not losing any weight, WHY AM I THROWING UP or the doctor is at fault, he did something wrong" see the ridiculousness in that? I got sick on eggs at two or three weeks out I think it was, again it's been so long that I don't remember, but if I said anything about it all I would have said would have maybe asked if anyone else had a problem with eggs or something along the lines of "well that didn't work out so well, so I know not to do that again" but NOT "well wahhhh I just ate some eggs and they made me throw up - why didn't anyone tell me and something must be wrong" There's the difference. When I first came to this site looked for things like hotel recommendations and for posts about the types of gas strips or whatever to take with me or what kind of vitamins others recommended and most of all I looked up recipes and things that people might have suggested to get away from the boring broth and shakes. In other words, for information. And what happened within less than a week? I got the nastiest most hateful messages here (some from the very same little miss innocents that trash talk here) saying I was a vain old bitch and I needed to LEAVE immediately and I didn't need the surgery, etc. And that was when I was first starting out and hadn't said a negative word. And THEN after I started losing I got more mail from some of the same people who surprisingly had lost 20 pounds in a year (always private hmmmm) that I looked like crap and that I STILL didn't need to lose any weight etc etc. But oh that never got put out there here anywhere did it? lol But that's ok, I had the surgery and anything I did wrong along the way didn't hinder my weight loss and I never had to play the blame game for anything I did. Someone eating steak and chips and ice cream and THEN posting that they just can't imagine why they aren't losing weight IS playing the blame game and isn't the personal responsibility that all of us should take for our actions.
    If I had of done something or ate something that caused my weight loss NOT to happen and come out here and said WHY WHY WHY am I not losing weight (after stating bad choices) that's a whole other ball game and that's the attitude I find to be annoying. Thankfully I did lose the weight and I never made any bad choices that hindered my success.

Getting back to work now - have a wonderful day ok?

SHEESH lol
    Bless your heart.
    Amusing.
    My girl how have you been? Love to see you get on here and tell the truth! I just love it, love it, love it!
    Wow - I wonder how I missed all of this?!?!? Well I am one of the newbie dumb asses - BUT I don't mind someone telling me the truth (even if it does hurt) to help get me straight - soooooo I guess I can see both points being bantered around. But it seems there is some long and bad history here between some of you and I am truely sorry for that. (sorry - it's the grandma gene that comes out) I applaud all of your success and wish you could be kinder to each other - BUT I totally admit I was terribly entertained reading this - it is almost like a sopa opera!
    LOL. I saw the date it was written, 08-11-2013, over one year ago!
    This could have been written today and been a response to many people.

Resurrect this from time to time, it is worth repeating.
    I think the whole thread should be deleted. What an embarrassment.
    I don't think it should be deleted. "azladyrider" is being true to herself and she is calling it like she sees it.
    It may be as subtle as a sledgehammer to some people, but that is who she is.

We need to be supportive of each other and encouraging, but sometimes coddling grown adults is not the best approach. You shouldn't kick someone who is down, but a little "tough love" can be a motivator, if done in a positive way.

A person wrote a few days ago that they were eating solid foods less than 1 week after being sleeved -that is very dangerous, to say the least.

If the responses were: "Now (their name isn't important), when you eat solid food only days after major stomach surgery, not following the surgeon's and every other health care professional's expertise, you make yourself feel bad. That makes me feel bad. You don't want either one of us to feel bad now, do you? So be a big boy and follow the instructions".
    That would not get the message across. It is one thing to be misinformed, it is another thing to deliberately jeopardize your health because you want to do whatever you want to do.
    It's just not the way this new generation of politically correct over sensitive don't say no douchbags have been raised. IMO society is fucked.
    Right back at you BBCorvette18.

Its nice to see people younger than me feel the way you do about being overly politically correct. The advice you gave the person I was referring to, may have been a little harsh, but dammit, he was compromising the procedure. If he or that "Taco Bill" guy (he ate the taco 1 day after being sleeved) caused the incision to open, they could be talking about serious medical problems.

Maybe it wouldn't happen, all I know is if a surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures successfully tells me to, or not to, do something for only a few weeks, after I just underwent major surgery and had 75% of my stomach removed, I will follow his/her instructions. Others don't have to and can do what they want, all I know is I had no problems and am healing well by following the instructions.
    Wow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast