Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amelia

what a ride!! It just keeps getting better and better!

Rate this Entry
Still in Florida having a ball!! Got on just to read a little on how everyone is doing and just cant help myself but to add a new piece....seeing how i think my son is getting sick of hearing me cluck like a hen every time a "new" experience happens for me!! He has been fit all his life (of that i made sure) and does not understand just how exciting and new all these things are for me. He is happy for me and gets pleasure from me being happy, but with all kids, there is a cut off of how much he wants to hear!! lolol
He took me shopping, then out to dinner, then a movie, then an outdoor concert that lasted till after midnight (the kind with a lot of drinking, a lot of dancing & noise sooo loud you cannot hear yourself think!). It made me feel really good that he wanted to show me off! It made me soooo happy to see that i had truely raised a 'gentleman'. (one that opens doors, waits till i am seated, carries all the packages while shopping!!) He asked me on the way home if i was going to bed or staying up awhile...said a girl he was seeing asked to meet him. I felt bad (a little) lol... and said we could have left earlier so he could meet with her. He told me "no, i text her back and said i was having a good time with my mom and if we got home and she still wanted to meet i would. If not, then that is ok...because we were having such a good time!" Doesn't that make you want to hug your kids???!!
I get off track though... what happened to me today is that usually, when clothes shopping or just going thru the little shops... i RARELY am able to buy myself anything because the boutiques just dont carry 3x clothing. I could never understand that... do they think that all tourists are size 12 or below?? Today I had my pick of clothes!! And practically had to hide my visa card from myself! I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I bought myself clothes from one of these stores!! As soon as we got back i had to rush and try them on, then model for him!!
I have difficulty seeing where i have lost so much weight when i look in the mirror...i have started taking pics so that i am able to physically see what is happening. But this trip has been opening my eyes finally! So many 'small' victories i have noticed. Even at the concert tonight a lady (drunk though she was) .... congratulated me. I didnt understand what she meant till she made it clear that she thought my son was my date!! I noticed that she kept looking at my son... I started getting irritated, then she let me know what she was thinking!! When I told my son he just got a good laugh. The next time he caught her watching us... he put his arm around my shoulders and said to her... "what can I say... I love her!" I thought the lady would fall over!! (I know i about did)!! Not long after that i told her the truth (hoping she would stop watching us... which she did).
I only have one day left here, for a trip that has been totally magical and wonderful with "new" experiences for me! When i think on things, it makes me sad... sad that i am now 55 yrs old and for the first time I get to experience what a lot of women have had fun with their whole lives! When I read blogs from Luke...it makes me so happy to know that he was a fortunate person in his pick for a wife... they have loved literally thru thick and 'thin'! lolol That is the next step for me... I too have been waiting to see what 'skinny' sex is all about!! heheheheheee
Hope all is well for everyone... and for those of you who are getting ready to start or have just begun on your journey... all i can say is "strap in tight" because it is ONE HELL OF A RIDE!! viva la vida!

Submit "what a ride!!  It just keeps getting better and better!" to Digg Submit "what a ride!!  It just keeps getting better and better!" to del.icio.us Submit "what a ride!!  It just keeps getting better and better!" to StumbleUpon Submit "what a ride!!  It just keeps getting better and better!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Amelia, your unbridled joy gave me goosebumps and made my eyes teary! I am so happy for you.
    You go girl !!!
    Your happiness in life is what this journey is all about and it sounds like you can bottle your joy and sell it!! Great story!