Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandiegojill

9 days post-op and still have pain in my belly - is this normal??

Rate this Entry
Hi all, So far I've had a very easy recovery, but I have this little pain on the left side of my belly that is still there. Is this normal. I'm also still very tender on my tummy. Can someone please let me know if this is normal?

Submit "9 days post-op and still have pain in my belly - is this normal??" to Digg Submit "9 days post-op and still have pain in my belly - is this normal??" to del.icio.us Submit "9 days post-op and still have pain in my belly - is this normal??" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 days post-op and still have pain in my belly - is this normal??" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Im 15 days post op and my tummy is still tender. The incision sights are steal healing and my stomache is still swollen. The pain your feeling on your side might be from air or gas pockets. Do a little bit of stretching, maybe it will move the gas or air out of that area.
    i had left side pain for weeks after.. i freaked, but found out its pretty normal.
    Very normal. It will stop eventually. I'm 5 weeks post op and can still feel pain sometimes. Certain positions and pulling stretching. Take every day as it is and heal. Every day should feel better. Good luck
    I'm same surgery date as you. I have left pain around toward my side and back. I also developed pain in my lower abdomen yesterday. I have no fear that it is expected and not unusual at all. I never had the left shoulder pain from gas so maybe some if my abdominal discomfort is due to gas. At this point I think we're still healing. I have my first follow up next Wednesday. Do you have a follow up soon? You might be able to call and ask a nurse if you're still worried. It might put your mind at ease.
    You are most definitely still healing. You will be for 6-9 mos. Your stomach will at times feel swollen and at other times not so much like you can eat a little more. Just stay in tune to what your body is telling you. More than likely you are sore in your back because when they put you on the table in surgery they flip you upside down, so they can get to your stomach better. It is from being in this position for the duration of your surgery that you sometimes feel sore muscles etc. If it persists for too many days though, I would have it looked at just to be safe. Make sure to be following the diet plan. Sip, sip, sip lots of water/tea and to be eating your soft foods (only approved foods) don't worry so much about diet SF stuff at this point. In my opinion it is so not healthy for you and you did this so you wouldn't have to worry about being on a diet anymore. Just really learn to stay in tune with your body. You will do great.
    Thank you everyone!!! I just love having you guys to ask questions and share things!!! I really appreciate it!!!
    Well, there is pain, and there is PAIN. Which is it? If its tender, and you cant sleep on it, thats normal. If its sharp, agonozing pain, no matter what you do, you need to call your Dr. I think it was til day 21 I felt agonizing pain, then it suddenly went away-