Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shelabeez

Stomach hurts

Rate this Entry
I am 6 days post op. my stomach is still sore especially if I turn on my side . I get a wave of pains...some dull, some burning, some sharp. I have had very little gas and have not made a bowel movement since july 27. Please share if this is common or uncommon and advice is welcomed.

Submit "Stomach hurts" to Digg Submit "Stomach hurts" to del.icio.us Submit "Stomach hurts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stomach hurts" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was only able to sleep on my about 10 days after my surgery. I'm two weeks out and I still feel a little discomfort...mostly soreness. Are you drinking enough liquids? My bowel movements became regular once I got in my 64oz of fluids in one day. I've also heard that it's ok to take milk of magnesia if you have had no BM.
    My surgery was Monday the 29th. I still have a very sore stomach and there is no way I can sleep on my stomach or my side. I think it's very normal to feel this way. It needs to heal. As for BM, my doc gave me liquid colace. Works like a charm. Take care.
    I'm almost 2 weeks out and I still cannot lay flat on the bed due to the burning sensation I get. I have resorted to staying in the recliner because it prevents me from rolling which increases the burning. It's getting a little better everyday. I suspect I should be back in bed by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

I didn't have any problems with BM right after surgery, but now that I'm taking the extra calcium, I'm having a little more difficulty. My doctor's office told us during one of our pre-op classes not to wait if you're not having a movement. It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor's office; that's what they're there for! Good luck!!
    Im 2 weeks out and I am able to sleep on my side. I found the left side is easier to sleep on. Your stomache is still swollen and your incision sights are steal healing so any type of pulling is going to burn. What I did was put a pillow on the same side I was laying on under my side and stomache and it gave it a cushion and it didnt pull any of my incision sights. Sweet Dreams!
    The pain is normal still at that stage, it's the stitched up muscle. I didn't have a BM until 5 days later. Maybe you should ask if you can take anything to help it along. Good luck.