Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

619Diva

Terrified of Choking!!!!!

Rate this Entry
I will be sleeved by the end of the month & My only big concern is "How do you take your Vitamins with out a GULP of water"???? For those of you that have been sleeved. The vitamins I purchased are all Big horse pill & I'm terrified of choking.

Submit "Terrified of Choking!!!!!" to Digg Submit "Terrified of Choking!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Terrified of Choking!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Terrified of Choking!!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

it was recommended to me to get a chewable multivitamin for the first couple of months. I suggest the gummy kind versus the tablets as they are chalky, but that is my opinion.
    I know what you mean with the pills. My bp and metformin are huge. I just take them one at a time. I am hoping to not take them at all. SOON! I did get the chewable multivitamin and it works well.
    here is what I use...

viactive calcuim chew, vitafusion gummies--multi vitamin and b12,
    actual pills: vitamin d, B6 and biotin
    sip sip sip, one at a time.................
    I was told Flintstone's complete twice a day. But I bought opurity when I ordered my protein. They tasted really gross so about 3 weeks later I switched back to centrum. If a pill is bigger than centrum I cannot swallow it. You might need to get a pill splitter to cut pills that are too big.
    I put mine in the blender with my protein shake in the morning
    I take a two chewable flintstone vitamins. I'm adding B12, vitamin D and calcium. As far as my BP meds go, for the first 8 days I crushed my pill. I also take omeprazole and I open the capsule and put it in pudding or something. I'm two weeks out now and I can totally swallow tylenol without a problem.
    My doc doesn't allow gummie vitamins for the first 6 mins and requires a chewable multivitamin either children's or adult ones. I got the CVS brand adult vitamin and a pill crusher (from Wal-Mart- cost $4.) I use the crusher on my multivitamin and my vitamin D. I mix it in a small medicine measuring cup with a little pudding. Not exactly the tastiest but the pudding helps it go down easier. Also, you can use the pill crusher for Tylenol too.
    chew-able... if I could find liquid I would get that lol
    Ok I will tell you something before hands do not buy anything. Follow your Doctors they know what to give you, No one here needs the same vitamins yes we might all take similar but never the same. With that said I am 7 days Post-op and I gulp my Water I am taking from 50-60 ounces per day that is about 7 - 7.5 8ounces glass of water. I am taking about 12 pills a day with no problem that of crushing pills and having it with Cristal light or anything like that is just gross, Try to take everything little by little and star sipping water from day one.
    Nature's Bounty makes a "quick dissolve" B-12. It's really small and you place it under your tongue for about 30 seconds and voila!
    you can buy liquid vitamins and calcium that is flavored if you like...
    Updated 08-06-2013 at 10:56 AM by miami786male (spelling words corrected..)
    i take the Vitafusion gummy multivitamin and calcium/vit d's, also, the quick dissolve B-12, my reg. (small) iron, gummy fiber (which I started those earlier!), and a biotin pill (along with my regular meds). I just take one at a time. when I had to take a large pain med, i bit it half and took it sep.
    Liquid mutivatimin from wallgreen.
    I can already take several smaller pills at one time like I could before, and I'm using the Vitafusion chewables for the multi. My doc didn't say anything about gummies, what is the reason for avoiding them? Just curious