Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Joolah

exercise???

Rate this Entry
I am trying hard to exercise everyday. I know it will help me lose weight faster, I know its good for me & helps keep my metabolism up. I understand ALL if the benifits. I just find it REALLY boring & honestly very lonely.
I switch my plans up based on the day: Tueaday, Thursday & Saturday at 6:30am I drag my butt to the pool for an adults only water aerobics class, its nice, I like the people but..... all are already skinny, that is embarrassing & lonely, I started training a c25k (couch to 5k) right now I run 1 minute walk 4 & repeat for 30 then cool down, I am by myself. This is boring & lonely. I know why not ask a friend to come along, I live in a village of 100 people & as I posted previously my "friend" isn't talking to me. All my other friends work & have families, plus here most people belong to a gym. I have NO desire to drive 30 miles to the closest gym, gas is too expensive for that.
I know I sound whinny & I should just tough it out. I will. I'll keep doing it everyday, soon the weight will start coming off. I am looking for ANY inspiration.

Submit "exercise???" to Digg Submit "exercise???" to del.icio.us Submit "exercise???" to StumbleUpon Submit "exercise???" to Google

Tags: exercise, journey Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you tried any exercise dvds like Zumba?? May want to see if there are any zumba classes in your area? I can't do it right now since I'm only a couple weeks post op, but as soon as I get the ok, there is a studio not too far from my house. Mind you I'm no Ginger Rodgers, but it's a lot of fun!
    You live in a village, of 100 people, on 3 acres, in a 100 yo house in rural Wisconsin (says your location thing).
    Take 5 rocks that are bigger than 2 of your fists combined. Paint each one differently. The 5th, and final rock put near your door step, and paint a smile on it.

It is 209 feet in a square acre (if each side is equal, and there are 4 sides). So put the other 4, 209 feet away, can do it like a baseball diamond. Start from your back door, and count away from the house 209 feet out.Put rock 1 down at the 1st point, then go out, 209 more feet, put down rock 2, then go out 209, samething put down rock 3, then 209 more feet, drop rock 4, rock 5 is the finish like.
    So Rock 5 (on the back porch, the smiley face) to rock 1, is 209 feet.
    5,280 feet in a mile.
    Walk from rock 5-1
    then 1-4
    and 4-1 a total of 5x, once you do this 5x, on your final lap, from rock 4-5 (5 is on the back porch) you would have walked just over 1 mile.

Do this mon-thursday, let the kids help you paint the rocks, and get them out there with you too. Wear a hat, take a bottle of water with you, and put on bug repellent (that is safe).

The final product will look like a jacked up pentagon/ or diamond, if I explained it properly!

You can do this!!!!!!!!!! And its FREE
    You just haven't found YOUR exercise yet. An exercise that motivates you and makes you feel great each and every time...an exercise that you think about..even though it may be tough at times!

At first the very thought of walking seemed daunting...and now at almost a year post-op I am training for a half-marathon!

On my non-running days (3 days a week) I choose exercises that I like to do...I enjoy biking..doing the various Pilates and yoga DVDs I own, lifting weights, swimming, etc.

The "lonely" part will go away. I experienced it as first (I think in part because I am an only child)..and then I realized this is MY journey. I workout with My Love, my cousin, and other friends from time to time but for the most part it's just me, myself, and I. I put some music in my ears and I get in the zone

Best wishes! You can do it..experiment until you find your passion!
    Thanks everyone.
    Speed reacer, that is really creative thinking. I will have to account for some obstacles, barn, shed, garden but that should be easy enough. Thank you
    Get yourself a copy of Women's Health or search Internet for exercise routines. Take a 2 cans out of the pantry and use them for weights. When vacuuming the house put some music on and practise squats and lunges and other reaching type movements. Instill some fun into what can be a chore initially.
    Sometimes I love my walking, but it is the middle of winter,so sometimes I bitch and moan to myself, lol, but I get it done everyday....until more healed...just dancing to music you like??? It is all helping, good luck
    Just turn up the music and dance like no one's watching!
    I'm all for music and walking. Sometimes I bring my skinny daughter and walk the HS track. There always seems to be someone using the HS track for exercise.

Why not post an ad somewhere (library) and invite people to meet in a public location like a track or scenic trail and walk and talk? You could do that once a week and break up the monotony. If you get a sizeable group, you could change up the location and do it several days a week. And you might just find a new friend.
    i hate walking by myself as well... i heard youtube has exercise videos you can do