Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Joolah

protein shakes

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone, I am working hard on my NUT'S idea if eating before surgery like you've already had surgery. I am trying to drink my protein drinks. I have Chocolate & Vanilla right now, I am concerned with taste but not the weird chemical taste. I can get over that. I want them to taste yummy.
I am looking for some doctored up recipes.
I make pnt btr chocolate, pnut btr, strawberry, chocolate strawberry, pomegranate & mixed dark berry (raspberries, cherries, strawberry & acai berry)
I am wondering if anyone has more ideas?
Decafe instant coffe? Orange? Kale? Anything

Submit "protein shakes" to Digg Submit "protein shakes" to del.icio.us Submit "protein shakes" to StumbleUpon Submit "protein shakes" to Google

Comments

I just drink mine with as little liquid as I can and shoot it down in about 5 swigs now! I HATE protein shakes! You'll get there. Good luck on your recipe hunt.
    I don't rely on the shakes for protein so never did anything to enhance their taste. I used my pre-op time to change my palate to more nutritious things that have become my staple post-op.
    I love 1/2 cup kale + 1/2 cup mixed raspberries & blackberries with 8 oz water .... Add some unflavored protein powder in the beginning (I used Unjury) .... Later when you eat your protein you cut out the powder and keep the drink. I also add mixed seeds (1 teasppon mixed - chia, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp meal, flax) to my drink but not all surgeons allow that (mine does).
    Also great for bowels once you have healed post-op to regain some regularity.
    Good luck.
    I bought a book on Amazon called "The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes", it was about $12. The book has a lot of different recipes that are really yummy!!! and ones like Butterfinger, Almond Joy, Reese Cup, Cherry Cheesecake and more!!! I have made quite a few of them and they are yummy!! I've not had surgery yet but figure if I can have different recipes to try maybe it will be easier! The book is written by a woman who had Roux n y so she still had to have her protein! atleast for a few weeks before we get to actual food Good luck
    Dont spend alot on protein shakes before ,Surgery, trust me you want like them .after surgery. Your taste all changes. I spent 150 n all wasted..
    Add a teaspoon or two of sugar free pudding mix. It was the only way I could get them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilby
    I don't rely on the shakes for protein so never did anything to enhance their taste. I used my pre-op time to change my palate to more nutritious things that have become my staple post-op.
    I love 1/2 cup kale + 1/2 cup mixed raspberries & blackberries with 8 oz water .... Add some unflavored protein powder in the beginning (I used Unjury) .... Later when you eat your protein you cut out the powder and keep the drink. I also add mixed seeds (1 teasppon mixed - chia, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp meal, flax) to my drink but not all surgeons allow that (mine does).
    Also great for bowels once you have healed post-op to regain some regularity.
    Good luck.
    Lol bilby, I have a lot of Kale from my CSA and I've been looking for a good Kale smoithie recipe. Thank you i eat TONS of veggies & fruits already, I already don't get enough protein, I ordered the Unjury unflavored & it will be here next week.
    Its not that ai.don't like the protein shakes. They are really sweet & chemically tasting to me. But I have made my commitment & I will push through.
    Mostly I worry abt boredom w/these flavors.
    I generally put unflavored protein powder in other things that taste good. Sugar free pudding, soups (not boiling them), curries, salsa (great on eggs...double protein whammy.)
    Vodka...
    I use vanilla whey in ice and squeeze the juice from an orange into it all mixed up in my bullet blender...like a dreamsicle shake! Yummy!
    Great question. Helpful for when I have my surgery. Best of luck to you!
    I used to add a teaspoon or 2 of sugar free jello, ice, and some fresh fruit, put it in a blender, like a shake or smoothie, you can also use extract, it makes a big difference too.
    I just made the BEST protein shake.
    2 leave of kale
    2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    Pomagrante juice
    soy milk
    Frozen strawberries
    Ground flax
    Blend
    so tasty!!!
    If you can have something other than the powdered ones, try GNCs Lean Shake. comes in Choco, Vanilla and Strawberry. Already a liquid, no grit or chaulkiness and no protein taste. Tastes like chocolate, vanilla or strawberry milk!!!! You can also freeze them in the freezer for a little while and they end up like a milk shake or a frosty. REALLY good (I'm 1 week pre-op and have to drink 5 a day now---nothing else but water)