Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

PitPat

HELP!! Tired of sweet things....

Rate this Entry
I need suggestions on what to (eat) right now besides the sweet protein drinks and SF jello, popsiscles, etc. HELP!!!!

Submit "HELP!! Tired of sweet things...." to Digg Submit "HELP!! Tired of sweet things...." to del.icio.us Submit "HELP!! Tired of sweet things...." to StumbleUpon Submit "HELP!! Tired of sweet things...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If you are on soft diet: cottage cheese, apple sauce, soft veggies( cooked zucchini, yellow squash, green beans) mashed potatoes(not often). Baked fish (cooked soft), tuna or chicken from the can, scrambled eggs(if you can tolerate them). These are some of things my NUT suggested for me. I am not a dietitian, so your best bet is to contact yours. Our bariatric clinic gave us a book with food items for each phase. Good Luck and God Bless
    My nutritionist said she went on the diet so that she could better understand what we were going through. She had the same problem with all the sweet stuff and said she was drinking pickle juice at some point, just for something different. Now, I didn't do that, but it might be something to think about!!
    Egg drop soup, tomato soup, beef broth.... these were allowed on my liquid diet... along with cottage cheese, etc.
    Asian style broth?
    Beans or tomato soup with taco season on them...
    Look at the season you like...then think of what food you can put them on...you will come up with some amazing food...
    Thank everyone for the suggestions!!!!! I had no idea that I would get so dramatic over a liquid diet!! But I'm so glad I posted my problem. Maybe it has helped us all. I have to tell you that I ate a few fresh green beans and a spoonful or so of fresh steamed squash today!! So very good.
    I'm with you PitPat.