Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Yve

Dealing with kids post op

Rate this Entry
how many people have kids out there. I'm due to have surgery Aug. 19 th and I fly home on the 23 . My kids start school the 27. How hard is it going to be to do the 100 mile an hour mommy duties. Still being on liquids I read that I'll be exhausted. On top of 6 a.m. Wake ups with my kids and 2 p.m. Bed times " I'm a tattoo artist" just seems likes it's going to kill me. So I guess my questions are... How much pain will I be in after surgery. Are the meds going to knock me on my booty and make me sleep. Will I still be able to drive, at least short distances? How do all y'all handle this... Oh yeah will I be able to take 5 hour energy shot, cause I really like those?

Submit "Dealing with kids post op" to Digg Submit "Dealing with kids post op" to del.icio.us Submit "Dealing with kids post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dealing with kids post op" to Google

Comments

Your going to need to get creative with the kids for a few days. In laws? Friends? I suggested to one lady, having a baby sitter come over, the days she is home, to watch the kids, to allow her to rest-
    I had my surgery on a Wed, and by Sat, I was up with the kids making them breakfast, and being Mom as usual. It was hard, but I had to do it, and on day 6, I went back to work, I am a hairstylist. As long as you rest when you can, and don't over do it, you'll do great
    Depending on the age of your kids, I am 7 days post op today and took all 4 of mine to the movies. I think technically I wasn't supposed to drive until 14 days post op, but I am not on the pain meds and did just fine. I parked fairly close and made the mistake of leaving through a outside exit door and had to walk around the theatre, so I did take a nap with everyone else when we got home. But all of that to say it was manageable, if your kids are all going to be in school rest when they are gone and pace yourself.
    These comments make me feel a ton better, now if only anyone knows about 5 hour energy shots after surgery. There all natural and have a lot of vitamins in them... Hmmm