Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Darcybecky

A month out

Rate this Entry
And my how time crawls!! I am so ready for real, regular food, or at least the "ok" from the doc to start as tolerated.
I had my first protein shake like I drank prior to surgery today and I must say....it was horrid. My taster hasn't changed much for most everything, but....this was really yucky and not wanting to stay down. I've not vomited or anything since the first day of surgery, but I wanted to today. So, I guess I'll continue to get my protein in with foods......or the best that I can on the puréed phase.
As for my weight loss, it's slow going, like super slow, 15lbs since pre-op. I can tell a difference in my face and body "shape" but otherwise, nada. I'm not working out as much as I should and my energy levels aren't as high as I'd like. I'm tempted really to start bsck in my ADHD meds, but worried that I won't "eat" enough as it takes away all of my appetite. I don't know, I'm sure Ill
get it figured out.
Guess that's if for today. Must be pms-ing

Submit "A month out" to Digg Submit "A month out" to del.icio.us Submit "A month out" to StumbleUpon Submit "A month out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Tastes do change, that's why it is best not to stock up too much post surg. There are many other prot. powders, try to find a dealer that can let you taste at the store. I use a whey isolate prot. powder that I mix with water (taste mango) or fruit juice (unsweetened and water) It is not thick (can't stand those even after a year) Take your time you will get there.
    My surgery was July 15 and i'm happy to say that so far I have no regrets. I started using GNC'S leanshake prior to my surgery and I liked the vanilla and the chocolate flavor. I must also say that the vanillia flavored muscle milk tastes really good. {aim for the low fat version} I am going to try the GNC leanshake protein powder and i will let you know how it tastes.
    hey can some body help me work this site
    My weight isnt coming off that easily...I think it's related to my protein intake...Im having a hard time eating 90 grams...I just recently ordered syntrax nectar samples to see if it helps some..

Premier protein shakes grosses me out right now..