Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

2nd day of pre-op and first shake~eww!

Rate this Entry
Sunday night my husband amd I went out for my last meal before surgery. It was a Shake Shack burger, cheese fries, and a concrete. It was good. Too good. Well, by the time I got home my daughter informed me that she had been vomiting. Oh, no. Just what I needed. And to make matters worse, I had shared some of my iced tea lemonade in the late afternoon. Oh, well, what can you do?

I spent yesterday taking care of my sick, teenage daughter. And taking care of my queasy stomach. On day 1 I consumed one Think Thin protein bar. It took me 5 hours to slowly nibble on it. And I consumed six .5L water bottles. Plus my dinner of a small piece of chicken, a dinner roll, a tomatoe and onion salad with ff balsamic vinegar. All in all, I'm feeling good today. I think the stomach bug has passed me by.

So today I started by opening the canister of cookies and cream protein powder. I licked my finger and put it inside and licked the powder off my finger. No bad. So I just took out my blender and added 1 scoop of powder, 6 oz of water, and some ice cubes. I was hoping to make a drink similar to a Starbucks frapouccino. But, ewwww, it's actually nasty. I know its missing the cream or the milk. Or something. Its just too watery. Ewww. Anyway, I will drink it down. And I will try with some skim milk or chocolate sugar free pudding. Maybe that will work better?

Trial and error. That's all I can do.

starting to get nervous. I have a mental list of all that I need to get done. Ahhhh, too little time. And I haven't even met the surgeon yet. But I was told a surgery date of the 29th. Odd but I'll take it.

Submit "2nd day of pre-op and first shake~eww!" to Digg Submit "2nd day of pre-op and first shake~eww!" to del.icio.us Submit "2nd day of pre-op and first shake~eww!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2nd day of pre-op and first shake~eww!" to Google

Comments

I hated every protein shake I tried! My Doc told me not to do protein bars as there is too much sugar, carbohydrates and calories in them. I drink Isopure-you an find it at GNC, Vitamin World, health food stores, etc. It is 100% pure whey protein isolate- O carbs be careful the first few I purchased had carbs so read the label to insure there is no carb or sugar it is aspartame and preservative free. I buy the 20 ounce bottles it has 40 grams of protein. It comes in a variety of flavors, alpine punch, apple-melon, blue raspberry, lemon, grape, etc it has been my saving grace!
    I also get my protein shakes from GNC, but I use the Lean shakes. They are already mixed in the bottle and come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry...all taste really good. If your hesistant about purchasing, just ask for a sample, they'll usually give it to you. Mine are 16 oz, with 25 protien grams and 6 carbs... 170 calories. But, I sent the info to the director of nutrition with my bariatric docs office and he approved them... They actually taste like choco, vanilla or strawberry milk. NOT grit, chaulkiness and no protein taste either. They are on sale now, might want to see if it's something you can use or not . yes, I have a half empty tub of the docs protien powder at home. an expensive lesson learned, but worth it to have found something that I can drink, especially since I will have to have 5 shakes a day the last week before surgery! good luck!
    I have had trouble with every protein drink and mix on the market. The only one I have been able to tolerate and not puke my guts out with is the Syntrax Roadhouse Lemonade mix. So I ordered that off Amazon. I should be getting it in tomorrow and I already have plans on how I'm going to spruce it up into a nice cool summer drink!!! I found that if I add a "To-Go" packet of Crystal Light's Pure Lemonade or Raspberry Lemonade, it totally blocks out the protein taste. So I am going to add that and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just for an extra kick. Add ice cubes, and I can pretend it's a cocktail! LOLOL

P.S. I actually did take a few sips of wine this afternoon and the rumors are true!!! You WILL become a cheap date. I felt buzzed pretty quick! Thank Goddess I actually ate my two tablespoons of Ricotta Cheese bake before I took those sips! I would have been dancing on someone's table! HAHAHAHA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giselle215
    I have had trouble with every protein drink and mix on the market. The only one I have been able to tolerate and not puke my guts out with is the Syntrax Roadhouse Lemonade mix. So I ordered that off Amazon. I should be getting it in tomorrow and I already have plans on how I'm going to spruce it up into a nice cool summer drink!!! I found that if I add a "To-Go" packet of Crystal Light's Pure Lemonade or Raspberry Lemonade, it totally blocks out the protein taste. So I am going to add that and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just for an extra kick. Add ice cubes, and I can pretend it's a cocktail! LOLOL

P.S. I actually did take a few sips of wine this afternoon and the rumors are true!!! You WILL become a cheap date. I felt buzzed pretty quick! Thank Goddess I actually ate my two tablespoons of Ricotta Cheese bake before I took those sips! I would have been dancing on someone's table! HAHAHAHA!
    Oooo. Ricotta cheese bake sounds good. Ricotta cheese is on my list. How do you make it? Your drink sounds good too. I don't drink often-maybe 3 times a year-but I drink a lot when I do. I'll be very cheap.