Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

EGV-Actor

Day 8 Pre-Op Liquid diet & some questions.

Rate this Entry
I keep reading about the Gas After surgery but has anyone notice Gas before am with my Pre-Op Liquid diet and am full off gas. For real maybe is because my Stomach is empty or it just from all the Protein shakes I am taking. Has any one or is any one experiencing this?

That is question one, now the second question My Dr. Nutritionist gave me all the info of the liquid diet and I am following that but I keep reading about Clear Liquid what is that? when should I start the clear even if my Dr did not put me on it I want to try it at least a day or two prior to my Surgery.

Now on a Monday I did some work on the morning then I packed my Liquid Diet and head to the beach it is on the High 90's here in New York City. So I put on my Trunks and got to the beach. I had a wonderful day. My today nutrition was as follow. I made a juice of Watercress, Strawberry, Cucumber, Apple, with evaporated milk it is a cleaning juice, so to that juice I just added the protein Powder I had two of those with a total of 123g of proteins, I had a cup of Beef broth, One Pudding, Two Ices, Two strips of Cheese (the one that only has protein) & One Banana baby food. Of course lot of water with this heat.,

Ok I wanted so much to eat a slice of Pizza I kept all day thinking about it so then I said to myself but you don't really like pizza, Then of course in the train on my way home from the beach this to Girls walked in with Popeye's The smell of the chicken got me into a bad place I really wanted some chicken. Oh well I guess that Popeye's Lost a customer. So when I got home and as stress as I was because I almost broke my diet three times today and mentally like ten. After I took a shower drank my last glass of water guess what I weight myself with the new Weight Watchers Scale and to my surprise yes my old scale was broke I am actually down to 218.3 from 242 when I started this Journey From 226 when I started my Liquid Diet. I love it This scale is my best friend from now on Thanks to OOOWEEBABY! that mention it.

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you all for listening. Yes I am reading The Magic and it works so far is doing wonder I recommended.

Submit "Day 8 Pre-Op Liquid diet & some questions." to Digg Submit "Day 8 Pre-Op Liquid diet & some questions." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 8 Pre-Op Liquid diet & some questions." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 8 Pre-Op Liquid diet & some questions." to Google

Comments

Just from my own experience, I was deathly ill for the first few days.. But I think I was detoxing from the diet sodas, caffine and the food. Our stomachs are still as big, we are just replacing them with all liquid, not actual "food" so to speak. It looks like you are doing well on your pre-op diet from what you have posted.. ya.. the cravings are bad.. but once the surgery is done, again only speaking for me. Everything (food) looks like a very pretty picture, and ya it smells good too, but once I eat, even a protein shake I am full.

Your weight loss already is great.. going to a beach is wonderful! I can't wait to feel comfortable enough to go myself one day. Chin Chin.. Popeye's will recover the loss of your business..
    The gas that people talk about when recovering from surgery is different. Since this operation is done laposcopically via tiny inscisions on your belly, the surgeon sees what is going on as he operates with a tiny camera scope that is inserted through one of the incisions. To provide optimum viewing capability and probably to also increase the area for workspace, a special kind of gas is injected into the abdominal cavity. Some of this remains after surgery andy you must walk walk walk to get it out of your system. If you just stay in bed, it moves up and feels like it lodges in your shoulder muscles. That can be very painful and it takes longer to go away.

Do you know the main reason that you are on a special diet before your operation? In case you don't, I'll tell you: it is to make your liver less fatty and to firm it up. The stomach lies below and somewhat beneath the liver. The liver is moved and lifted by the surgeon in order to perform this operation. If you do nothing beforehand, the fat and flabby liver can become damaged during surgery. Since you are doing such a good job on your liquid diet, it reduces the chance of this happening.

A clear liquid is exactly that. Clear. You should be able to see through it, like you can see through glass. There is no need to try it before surgery unless your doctor tell you to do it.

The clear liquids are easier on your new stomach after surgery. Although on the outside your surgery will not look like much. Five very small inscisions. (They will also be bruised at first, but that goes away in about a week.) Inside of your stomach is a different story. The entire length of your new stomach (also now called your sleeve) has an inscision that has extremely tiny titanium staples in it to hold it closed. The staples do this better than stitches. The stomach will heal over them and they stay in for life. The clear liquids help you to take care of your sleeve as it recovers. It takes about six weeks for it to completely heal.

Don't be surprised when you are recovering to find that your belly is bigger after surgery. It will be bloated for a while from the gas and swollen from the actual surgery. This will go away in a few days.

You should be very proud of yourself! You are doing a great job with the diet! You may find it hard to believe, but things like that fried chicken loose their appeal after you have been sleeved. Your tastes change. Crazy but true. In a good way. Things that are healthy for you taste WONDERFUL.The flavors are beautifully enhanced. Bad foods are not desired. It is really pretty cool! You know how skinny people can pass on things you think of as irresistable? That will be you!

Okay. All this beach talk I have been reading from you is getting to me. I am in Florida and not very far from some beautiful beaches. I am gotta here!

Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by teresattt1
    Just from my own experience, I was deathly ill for the first few days.. But I think I was detoxing from the diet sodas, caffine and the food. Our stomachs are still as big, we are just replacing them with all liquid, not actual "food" so to speak. It looks like you are doing well on your pre-op diet from what you have posted.. ya.. the cravings are bad.. but once the surgery is done, again only speaking for me. Everything (food) looks like a very pretty picture, and ya it smells good too, but once I eat, even a protein shake I am full.

Your weight loss already is great.. going to a beach is wonderful! I can't wait to feel comfortable enough to go myself one day. Chin Chin.. Popeye's will recover the loss of your business..
    Thank you, I will tell you something I live in New York with that being said I had always gone to the beach there will always be someone skinnier or Fatter than us so if you want to go don't let how you think you look prevent you from going. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so I know that some people will find you Sexy, Hot, or just fun to be with. our weight change but our personalities stay like it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOOWEEBABY!
    The gas that people talk about when recovering from surgery is different. Since this operation is done laposcopically via tiny inscisions on your belly, the surgeon sees what is going on as he operates with a tiny camera scope that is inserted through one of the incisions. To provide optimum viewing capability and probably to also increase the area for workspace, a special kind of gas is injected into the abdominal cavity. Some of this remains after surgery andy you must walk walk walk to get it out of your system. If you just stay in bed, it moves up and feels like it lodges in your shoulder muscles. That can be very painful and it takes longer to go away.

Do you know the main reason that you are on a special diet before your operation? In case you don't, I'll tell you: it is to make your liver less fatty and to firm it up. The stomach lies below and somewhat beneath the liver. The liver is moved and lifted by the surgeon in order to perform this operation. If you do nothing beforehand, the fat and flabby liver can become damaged during surgery. Since you are doing such a good job on your liquid diet, it reduces the chance of this happening.

A clear liquid is exactly that. Clear. You should be able to see through it, like you can see through glass. There is no need to try it before surgery unless your doctor tell you to do it.

The clear liquids are easier on your new stomach after surgery. Although on the outside your surgery will not look like much. Five very small inscisions. (They will also be bruised at first, but that goes away in about a week.) Inside of your stomach is a different story. The entire length of your new stomach (also now called your sleeve) has an inscision that has extremely tiny titanium staples in it to hold it closed. The staples do this better than stitches. The stomach will heal over them and they stay in for life. The clear liquids help you to take care of your sleeve as it recovers. It takes about six weeks for it to completely heal.

Don't be surprised when you are recovering to find that your belly is bigger after surgery. It will be bloated for a while from the gas and swollen from the actual surgery. This will go away in a few days.

You should be very proud of yourself! You are doing a great job with the diet! You may find it hard to believe, but things like that fried chicken loose their appeal after you have been sleeved. Your tastes change. Crazy but true. In a good way. Things that are healthy for you taste WONDERFUL.The flavors are beautifully enhanced. Bad foods are not desired. It is really pretty cool! You know how skinny people can pass on things you think of as irresistable? That will be you!

Okay. All this beach talk I have been reading from you is getting to me. I am in Florida and not very far from some beautiful beaches. I am gotta here!

Bye
    I hope you had fun at the beach. In summer time is the only time we can go to the beach here in New York and the water are cold really cold I mean after you in you are in. Our body works wonder it can get use to anything. I love to be at the sunny hot clear beach of Florida. Thank you very much for all your wonderful information and advice. I will go on the clear diet on Monday the 22 I guess that means just drinking plain water. Thank you. enjoy your day.