Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

EGV-Actor

Confused I did day 5... or did I?

Rate this Entry
I had thoughts of food all day for the first time. I am not doubting what am about to do but I started thinking all am giving out. Ok all is for the better improved me. I had lived a great life, Living in New York, Dominican Republic, & Spain had taught me all the greatness in food. I have another problem and that is that I am an excellent Cook I can cook wonders. So today in my day five I cooked one cup off Green Pigeons Peas (AK as Guandules) yes I took Garlic, Onions, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Half a teaspoon of Sauce and it was delicious I sprinkles Parmesan Cheese in top and it was great The good or the bad things depends of how you see it is that it was only 70 calories 4g Protein and 14g of Carb so It is not that high in protein as it is in Carb now I am in a full liquid diet because I put myself My real diet is eat all the Vegetables I want with Lean meets so on my day five I had that with 3 Protein shakes with a total of 78g consumed. I still feel that I did something a little out of what I put myself for I really need to get into my 160Lbs by 9/12/2013

Now questions yes I need help lots of help hope you guys who are awesome by the way can help me.

Vitamins I am taking B12, A & D, I was taking E as well but my Dr said not because that get the blood thinner. So what Vitamins should I pack for when I get Back from the Hospital The Dr said I should not be more than 3 days there. My best friend Lily will pick me up. So what should I take to the hospital and what do I need to have at home when I get back who is using Biotin do I need it and which one is the best? Sorry if I am not clear but I have so many different Questions and I want to be really prepare for the Hospital and after I get back home. Things I should let you know I live in a 4 floor walk up will that be a problem on day 3 after surgery? I was thinking of shrimp after I am able to start eating I think that is good source of protein for my small pouch, What about Coconut water they have so many different brands they are suppose to help with dehydration? Please help two other thing I had never being able to use fake sugar is brown sugar something I will be able to use? I can take anything that is not the right temperature I only can drink could ice water if the water is some how at room temperature I get sick in the stomach, If hot food get cold I stop eating I will stop now if you can answer some of my multiples questions I will really appreciate. .

Submit "Confused I did day 5... or did I?" to Digg Submit "Confused I did day 5... or did I?" to del.icio.us Submit "Confused I did day 5... or did I?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Confused I did day 5... or did I?" to Google

Comments

My doc recommends a multivitamin in chewable form that you need to crush after surgery. Any other vitamins are based on your bloodwork. I am b12 deficient so I've been getting shots. And I am also low on D because I live in the northeast.

As for food, I aticked up on sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, low sodium broth, low sugar apple sauce, sugar free popsicles and crystal light. I plan to get some sugar free gatorade too.
    whats your weight now, just curious on how you think you will hit 160 by sept 9th, 2013.. goals can be missed why i didnt set anything unrealistic yes i have a final goal but i didnt set a time frame, enough pressure worrying bout other tings in this process than having to be this weight by this date. im treating this like a marathon slow and steady wins the race..
    Ask your doctor what type of vitamins you should take after surgery. As for the Biotin, I took it, and I still shed hair like a cat in the spring! The shedding started around month 3 and slowed down to a stop at the end of month six. All the hair that Iost has grown back all nice and healthy. I would not be so worried about that. Take a good look at the people posting 1 year "surgiversary" photos. They have hair!! Well, except for some guys, and I suspect they didn't have much hair to start with.

As far as your 4th floor walk-up. I don't know. I am thinking it all depends on how well you do after surgery. I did very well, and I think that I could have done four flights of stairs with a little rest every now and then. Others have a harder time of things. I would make sure that your doctor knows about the walk up and if you are not physically ready to deal with them, make sure he lets you stay in the hospital until then.

As for the shrimp, you are rushing things. Your new stomach is going to need clear liquids for a while. I didn't do the coconut water, but I would give it a try. You will want to have things like broth, jello, popcicles... The plan is to keep yourself hydrated.

Since you are an exellent cook, take the time now to make some really good home made beef and chicken broth. Don't go too heavy on the seasonings and salt. Flavors will be very intense when you are newly sleeved. Store this broth in the refrigerator for when you get home. You will be glad that you did, because after a while you will be very tired of sweet and the savory is so good.

Google recipes online for beef broth. The ones where you bake the beef bones in the oven with carrots, onion, tomatoes, and spices before making the soup broth... Ooooh! they smell heavenly, and taste like a gift from God. Be sure that you strain everything out, you just want the broth.

Also, It is better to make jello from the package at home. It is not as thick textured and it is much more soothing on a new stomach. Make yourself some before you go to the hospital. It will be nice to come home to.

As for sugar, I know that you are not crazy about fake sugar, Neither am I but for now, you are going to have to use it. I avoid it most of the time, but when I use a sweetener, I prefer to use Nutrisse, which is make from a natural source. It does not have the carbs or calories of sugar.

I love shrimp. These are good later when you can have sold foods. You are going to have to go through stages to get to the solids. Don't rush them, you will regret it if you do. It can be very painful if your tummy is not well enough to handle it.Just because your outside incisions are healed, does not mean that the really big ones inside are healed. It will take months. When I got to the point where I could eat solids,two medium shrimp filled me up. I felt like I ate an entire pan of paella!!

As for the weight loss, you are a man who is starting this on the lighter side already. It may not come off as fast as someone's weight who has 200 pounds to loose. Even if you are not loosing weight as rapidly as others, pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. Inches do fly away!

Go out now and buy yourself some very small plates and bowls. Bowls that hold maybe a half a cup. Salad size plates. Little forks, like appetizer forks, and spoons, like demitasse spoons. These will help you to help you with the size potions that you will be able eat.

For me, they make my little meals a little more special, too. If you have a World Market nearby, go there to buy these things, they have a very nice selection. They have good prices, too.

I am an award-winning cook. I love cooking, it is a relaxing and creative outlet for me. I still cook. I think it is a blessing to be able to do this. I am also able to come up with creative solutions to my new way of eating.

As for the foods I should not have, I taste a little and I am full. a little bit does it for me now. Even if the food is sinful, I am so much better off than when I could eat a full serving of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by erik
    whats your weight now, just curious on how you think you will hit 160 by sept 9th, 2013.. goals can be missed why i didnt set anything unrealistic yes i have a final goal but i didnt set a time frame, enough pressure worrying bout other tings in this process than having to be this weight by this date. im treating this like a marathon slow and steady wins the race..
    I am as of today 218Lbs I went from 226Lbs to 218lbs in actually 5 days of liquid diet plus exercise. Lot of Cardio.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOOWEEBABY!
    Ask your doctor what type of vitamins you should take after surgery. As for the Biotin, I took it, and I still shed hair like a cat in the spring! The shedding started around month 3 and slowed down to a stop at the end of month six. All the hair that Iost has grown back all nice and healthy. I would not be so worried about that. Take a good look at the people posting 1 year "surgiversary" photos. They have hair!! Well, except for some guys, and I suspect they didn't have much hair to start with.

As far as your 4th floor walk-up. I don't know. I am thinking it all depends on how well you do after surgery. I did very well, and I think that I could have done four flights of stairs with a little rest every now and then. Others have a harder time of things. I would make sure that your doctor knows about the walk up and if you are not physically ready to deal with them, make sure he lets you stay in the hospital until then.

As for the shrimp, you are rushing things. Your new stomach is going to need clear liquids for a while. I didn't do the coconut water, but I would give it a try. You will want to have things like broth, jello, popcicles... The plan is to keep yourself hydrated.

Since you are an exellent cook, take the time now to make some really good home made beef and chicken broth. Don't go too heavy on the seasonings and salt. Flavors will be very intense when you are newly sleeved. Store this broth in the refrigerator for when you get home. You will be glad that you did, because after a while you will be very tired of sweet and the savory is so good.

Google recipes online for beef broth. The ones where you bake the beef bones in the oven with carrots, onion, tomatoes, and spices before making the soup broth... Ooooh! they smell heavenly, and taste like a gift from God. Be sure that you strain everything out, you just want the broth.

Also, It is better to make jello from the package at home. It is not as thick textured and it is much more soothing on a new stomach. Make yourself some before you go to the hospital. It will be nice to come home to.

As for sugar, I know that you are not crazy about fake sugar, Neither am I but for now, you are going to have to use it. I avoid it most of the time, but when I use a sweetener, I prefer to use Nutrisse, which is make from a natural source. It does not have the carbs or calories of sugar.

I love shrimp. These are good later when you can have sold foods. You are going to have to go through stages to get to the solids. Don't rush them, you will regret it if you do. It can be very painful if your tummy is not well enough to handle it.Just because your outside incisions are healed, does not mean that the really big ones inside are healed. It will take months. When I got to the point where I could eat solids,two medium shrimp filled me up. I felt like I ate an entire pan of paella!!

As for the weight loss, you are a man who is starting this on the lighter side already. It may not come off as fast as someone's weight who has 200 pounds to loose. Even if you are not loosing weight as rapidly as others, pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. Inches do fly away!

Go out now and buy yourself some very small plates and bowls. Bowls that hold maybe a half a cup. Salad size plates. Little forks, like appetizer forks, and spoons, like demitasse spoons. These will help you to help you with the size potions that you will be able eat.

For me, they make my little meals a little more special, too. If you have a World Market nearby, go there to buy these things, they have a very nice selection. They have good prices, too.

I am an award-winning cook. I love cooking, it is a relaxing and creative outlet for me. I still cook. I think it is a blessing to be able to do this. I am also able to come up with creative solutions to my new way of eating.

As for the foods I should not have, I taste a little and I am full. a little bit does it for me now. Even if the food is sinful, I am so much better off than when I could eat a full serving of it.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much. I am really blessed that you gave me so much info. This will help me such much. I was reading and I wanted to cry well now my eyes are watering because You and others here. I think this website is a blessing for us all. Again Thank you.