Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AngelNP

Toning Exercises

Rate this Entry
Welcome visitors,
I've been asked questions regarding exercising before and after being sleeved to help tone.

PRIOR TO STARTING TO WORKING OUT, YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS: Stop eating the crack food (high carbohydrates, sugars, sodas, chips, candy, bread, etc).

START: High, clean protein (lean meats/protein shakes), vegetables.
WATER, WATER, WATER...do don't forget the WATER!

FATS: Health fats are the key to keep fat off you! IE grass fed butter, advacado, turkey bacon, MCT oil!

You will need to work out 4 days (minimum and consistently!) It doesn't have to be 4 days in a row...just make sure it's 4 out of 7 or more. That is what is going to make significant difference and have noticeable results quickly! You will want to start with light weights (light enough so you don't struggle, but not so light that it doesn't seem you are working your muscles. I don't want you to go into "muscle fatigue" in the second set, that will tell you the weight is too heavy. You will start with 15 repetitions 3 sets.

BEGINNERS: you will want to do the 3 sets of 15 repetitions for the first THREE MONTHS.

FOR PEOPLE WHO WORK OUT REGULARLY: After about 3-4 weeks, when the weight seems pretty easy, then you'll increase to 4 sets of 15 repititions. When that seems to get easy, increase the weight going back to 15 reps/3 sets.

Prior to surgery: You can do forearms, abdominal, and calves exercises daily. Remember to workout two separate body parts per day IE tricepts and back, or biceps and chest, or shoulders and legs (calves/hamstrings, Glutes/quads another day. Do not workout hamstrings, quads, and calves all in one day).

Do not workout triceps and biceps or back and chest on the same day. It will take too long and be tough on your body. Oh do not forget to stretch! You will want to do a minimum of 10 minutes cardio. Stretch back by a foam roller, a tool to assist with stretching. It's awesome. Have someone show you how to use it. Dont' roll your body over it, move the roller down. Hopefully, you'll know what I'm saying. You will want to stretch before and after your exercise workouts! This will help you not be sore the next day, feel energiezed, and not hurt yourself.

After surgery: You'll have to wait to do any abdominal exercises. You may be able to use the eliptical and take it easy for a few weeks (ask your surgeon when you can start exercising). You will need to wait until your incisions are completely healed prior to doing water exercise. I hope that helps. Just go slow and do what you can after your surgery, but generally, your arms, legs, chest, and back may be ok to workout (follow the above plan of prior surgery when you are medically clear to do full exercise).

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to offer additional suggestions so I can pass them along as well as feedback to let me know what works best for you!

Sincerely,
Jen (AngelNP)

Submit "Toning Exercises" to Digg Submit "Toning Exercises" to del.icio.us Submit "Toning Exercises" to StumbleUpon Submit "Toning Exercises" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Before surgery what types of exercises are best for the areas you've stated above?
    Oh I forgot to mention other crack foods are rice and pasta. LOL.
    Beginners...stick to machine weigjts especially if you work out by yourself, Avoid free weights for now. With calf raises, you can stand, go on your toes, then down...whenever you are standing around like in line or exercise equipment,
    Most exercise equipment have back support this is important. Another thing to remember to have proper form when doing each movement which os vital for quicker results versus speed of how many reps you do. I watch to many people be sloppy with poor posture and rapid movements (some people like to show off, but I bet I will seeing them in my pain management practice later with chronic injuries.