Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Darcybecky

2 weeks post op....

Rate this Entry
And I have to stay I"m doing quite well. I had my post op appt. last week (sorry, computer troubles preventing me from blogging before) and got a very positive check up. My bloodwork looked great, my liver biopsy showed no signs of "fatty liver disease" (go figure, overweight all my life and no liver damage, YAY ME!!), my swallow looked good so I"m right on the great path to success. My only down side (and the doc didn't feel this way) was that I had only lost 6 lbs from the time I had my first visit with him to the this appt. I was pretty disappointed. Of course, I got the whole,"well, you don't have as much to lose as many of our other clients" and "At least it's something" and "you're going to lose at a slower rate because of your thyroid" and "it's better to lose it slowly so your skin won't sag" (no offense intended to anyone). I'm feeling better about it since I KNOW my thyroid has given me problems for many many years and has always caused issues in the past. So, today, I'd like to report that I"m down 12lbs. Thanks to all who are on here and supporting each other in this journey.

Submit "2 weeks post op...." to Digg Submit "2 weeks post op...." to del.icio.us Submit "2 weeks post op...." to StumbleUpon Submit "2 weeks post op...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hi just remember progress takes time & i like what he said "you want have saggy skin" I'm sure you will do fine.
    you are doing it
    You're doing fine
    girl...progess is progess...we cannot be upset about that....for some of us it will take longer to lose...but thats okay....within time we will get there...we just keep on learning what our bodies can handle...Im a slow loser myself...
    Have you been clearead to exercise yet? I had my one week follow up then I return to see Dr fo 6 weeks follow up...
    I'm sure I will be slow too, I have thyroid issues and ever since my Thyroid blew out I have yet to lose weight like I have in the past. Hang in there! Glad you are doing well! i went to same hospital today for pre-op seems pretty nice.