Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

The path we're all sharing

Rewards

Rate this Entry
Just a thought I wanted to share with everyone:

Rewards for Myself....

This is a big step in all of our lives and I promised my self and made my family stick with me on this: REWARDS for all of us will NEVER be food.

For my weight loss: Every 30 pounds I get a 1.5hr hot stone massage, and clothes when I need them.

For my family, I decided that rewards for school accomplishments will be fun rewarding things like rock climbing, water rafting, skiing, tubing, amusement parks, etc...

I have to break the chain and this is the beginning.

Tell me, how do you reward yourself?

Submit "Rewards" to Digg Submit "Rewards" to del.icio.us Submit "Rewards" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rewards" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Lori:
    You're so right, we can't "reward" ourselves with food. I would always think things like, "boy when I get all this cleaning done, I'm going to order a pizza for a treat." No more. My "treats" now are buying a good book, going to a movie , etc. Best to you, Roberta
    I love the idea of getting a 1 1/2 hr massage ~ that sounds heavenly!
    I like to reward myself with a new outfit, mani and a pedi But I'm waiting to reach my 1st goal ~ (9 Ibs away from being considered obese)

Roberta, I too would always use food as a means of celebration ~ and now I'm quite turned off it.
    That is such a terrific idea. The whole family will be the better for your sleeve!!
    i've been meaning to put my rewards list in writing. thanks for the motivation. off to blog!! way to go re breaking the pattern for you and your family! will literally be lifechanging for your kids. : )
    That was such an eye opener for me. I am going break the chain for using food for rewards with my me and my family too!! Food has always been a reward for us as long as I can remember. My 16 year old daughter just said the other day "Mom, I had a bad day. I need to go and get something real bad to eat right now." And who did she learn that from??? Me of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown9
    That was such an eye opener for me. I am going break the chain for using food for rewards with my me and my family too!! Food has always been a reward for us as long as I can remember. My 16 year old daughter just said the other day "Mom, I had a bad day. I need to go and get something real bad to eat right now." And who did she learn that from??? Me of course.
    Maybe you could suggest some new ways to deal with a bad day, we all have them, and can't eat them away. Taking a walk to talk about it, or a bike ride, or a body bag for boxing (i'm looking into getting one) or some other way to "release" that bad energy.