Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bruiser

Other things to do when you lose weight

Rate this Entry
Some of my goals, and I'm sure yours too, are to "Fit" into spaces that I could not fit into before.

Well, I've had some really pleasant occurrences that I want to share with everyone.

When the Man of Steel movie came out, I wanted to go see it in IMAX. Before, I would not fit into the seats, even at a newer theater. This time, not only did I fit, but I was so comfortable. You see, not only do you lose weight in the belly region, but everywhere!! My butt is so much smaller that my wife tells me I can't loose anymore there!! LOL. With a smaller overall me, I sit "into" the seat, not "on it" as before.

I can drive my wife's Jeep Liberty with room to spare and can even buckle the seat belt!! Something that a year ago I could not do even after shoehorning myself behind the wheel.

I know there is more to come, like roller coasters, but for now, last night was the highlight so far. I got tickets for Father's Day to see Harry Connick, Jr. last night. The show was fantastic!! He and his band are great. He was funny and having fun with his band mates, talking and joking with the audience, but the music was out of this world.

Now I'm a classic rock guy, but my high school days of being in the band have always given me an appreciation for the intricacies of scored music. While I might not go out and buy his CD, I loved every minute of the concert.

HOWEVER, while that was great, I think the BEST part was how I fit into the seat!!! I was comfortable, sat into the seat, had plenty of leg room (I'm 6'4") and even better, I didn't have the old familiar pinch by the arm rests AND I didn't spill over onto the person next to me! I was beyond pleased.

Just some minor rewards on my way to a new me. These small victories have made this whole journey SOOOO very worthwhile. Yes, there are the health bonuses like no more blood pressure or cholesterol medication and no more C-PAP to sleep, but those little quality of life improvements make the desire to keep on this path so much easier.

For those of you reading this that have been down this path, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about and have similar victories of your own. For those of you about to start on this journey, I can only say that it has been so fulfilling and gratifying.

Thanks for letting me share life's little victories with you!

Submit "Other things to do when you lose weight" to Digg Submit "Other things to do when you lose weight" to del.icio.us Submit "Other things to do when you lose weight" to StumbleUpon Submit "Other things to do when you lose weight" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for sharing your victories with us! So happy for you!
    Oh,wow, Bruiser, that is SO encouraging! "Little"things like sitting in seats without being squeezed to pieces! I look forward to those same victories!
    Great post!!! I can SO relate to the seating issue! At one point I almost sold my Ford Ranger truck because my belly wedged against the steering wheel when the seat was adjusted right to use the pedals. It was getting harder & harder to drive. And I fly fairly often. Those coach seats were a nightmare. Not anymore
    I hope to start Zumba classes again. I also used to do Swing, Ballroom and Latin dancing. Dancing has always been my passion. Looking forward to going back to it. Also, I drive a Miata. I look forward to getting in and out of it without having to put the seat as far back as I can. And those Petite size 4 clothes in my closet.... can't wait to get back into them.
    Thanks for sharing such a great post!
    Victory!!!
    FANTASTIC!!! You're doing great! I love all the non-scale victories!!! Thanks for sharing. Much luck and continues success to you.
    my mom and I are going to see harry on the third! looking forward to it!
    oh! and congrats on all of your success
    LOVED your post. It truly is all the things that other "Normal" people never think about. I was so surprised when I got in my car the other day & there was room to spare between my stomach & the steering wheel. Before, I could hardly fit. I can't wait for the day I no longer have to visually inspect a chair before I sit on it. A couple of months back, my husband & I went to dinner with another couple. Since we live in Florida, we were outside on the dock waiting for our meals to be brought. I leaned forward to say something to my girlfriend & CRACK the plastic lounge chair gave way under my weight. Cracked of the two front legs of the chair * really hurt myself. Lots of bruising & scrapes. I was mortified. Everyone jumped up to help which was so kind, but it was a creepy reminder of how far beyond I went. I enjoyed your post as it's a reminder what this is all about - go be comfortable in one's own skin again. Congrats to you. Roberta
    Oh, such a SWEET victory! I too went to a movie recently and delightfully found more room in the seat!!! The nonscale victories are the highs of this journey. I look forward to flying coach and be able to buckle in my seat!! Recently, I grabbed a ballcap and put it on and thought it was a cute look-- I haven't done that in years because my face had grown so round that caps were unflattering. Oh, the sweet victories!
    I loved reading your post because that is exactly what cannot waitt for. I want to fit in a world that I have tried for years to make myself smaller for. I want to be able to go to a banquet and not have to scout out where I sit to make sure that I have a way around that tables that are too tightly put together. I took my daughter to a local amusement park and every time she went on a ride, I told myself that I would go on it with her next summer. Good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyInOrlando
    I hope to start Zumba classes again. I also used to do Swing, Ballroom and Latin dancing. Dancing has always been my passion. Looking forward to going back to it. Also, I drive a Miata. I look forward to getting in and out of it without having to put the seat as far back as I can. And those Petite size 4 clothes in my closet.... can't wait to get back into them.
    Hi Amy, I also drive a Miata! Was going to let my son drive some when we were coming home yesterday (he recently got his permit) but at 6'1" and 200lbs he couldnt adjust the seat back far enough and not still have his knees in the steering wheel! I do have to put the seat all the way back to get out though!
    Quote Originally Posted by queen
    my mom and I are going to see harry on the third! looking forward to it!
    You are going to love the concert. Tell Harry I said "hi".