Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

clepak

Ready for the Journey

Rate this Entry
I am 9 days out from my Gastric Sleeve surgery, had my final "pre-op class" yesterday. It has been a tough road to this point. 2 days ago I had a series of radiology tests and today I had a Colonoscopy. 2 years ago I had been diagnosed with Fatty Live Disease, last year the surgeon who performed hernia surgery on me said it was one of the worst he has seen that was not yet failing. Today I was told it has grown even further as well as my spleen has doubled in size and now I am in a middle of a major flare up of Ulcerative Colitis.
Sometimes it seems hard to fathom pushing through with the surgery. I believe it will be my only chance at a somewhat normal future. The Polymyalgia Rheumatica flaring up as well is adding just a bit more zest to the mix. C Reactive Protein is 7.8...Pretty high.
But I am hopeful that somehow it all will work out. I have already stocked up on food items and vitamins for my post op puree diet as well as high protein foods for when I begin my journey back to "chewing" foods. I am not sure what to expect following surgery, especially with all of my health concerns. I have been seeing a battery of 7 Physicians because my case is what they call "complex". So be it. Something needs to happen because everything I have tried in the past has not worked.
So...for the near future, I will continue to scan the entries by others to see if anyone has had similar complications. Until next time, I wish you all the best in YOUR journeys!

Submit "Ready for the Journey" to Digg Submit "Ready for the Journey" to del.icio.us Submit "Ready for the Journey" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ready for the Journey" to Google

Comments

I hope the sleeve can give you a new lease on life. Seems it can only get better from here. Welcome and best of luck. Keep us posted!
    Take Care! We're pulling for you!
    Wishing you the best! Remember, rest, walk, sip, fart, repeat!
    Today is my big day! Surgery in 4 hours, best wishes to you all and I will try to update from the Hospital after surgery. Thank you for the support!