Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jim

Like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going and going and lessons learned

Rate this Entry
After what I thought was my rock bottom weight and a lengthy stall the scale has began to move again. Since my surgery on April 16, 2012 I have now lost 249 lbs and am down to 226 lbs. Went from a 5Xl shirt to wearing a Large shirt, size 60 pants to a size 36 the length of my pants has increased two sizes (from wearing them now where I am suppose to). My foot size has shrunk from a size 16 to 14.5, My ring finger went from size 16 to a 14 also.

My only complaint is about Global warming. It's false. I am cold all of the time. When I was at full weight, I sweated all of the time even in the winter time. Now, I can sit in a sauna and almost feel warm and I just recently (this week) turned off the baseboard heater in my office which was set to 80.

Most of the time I feel great however some of the old aches and pains surfice now and again. I have learned now why the Doctors insist on drinking water. I have now developed Kidney Stones from the high protein diet and sluffing off on water. So remember drink your water!!!!!!

What I am eating now (becasue a lot of the new people ask).
Besically, whatever I feel like eating however the portion is drastically reduced.
I am able to, and with my doctors ok can eat up to a cup of food three times a day

For example
Breakfast I had a fried egg sandwich (1/2)
Lunch consisted of 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich
Dinner was at a new Resteraunt where I ordered an appitizer of Hummas, and a vetatiran thing which was amazing. I was able to eat jsut around a cup of food and felt amazingly full.

Exercise: I am currently working in NYC, so walking is my main form of exercise, Last weekend I walked about 10 miles around the city. it felt amazing and WOW I didn't have to stop every 30-40 feet to catch my breath. I was actually able to pass most of the tourists lollygagging around.

I am also going to go try Hot Yoga this weekend. I will let everyone know if I survive since most of my ligiments are very tight.

Rules for Success:
If you want to be successful with your sleeve, it's actually easy.

1. Do everything your doctor tells you to do diet wise don't try to sneak foods your body isn't ready for, trust me I have done it. All it does is make you miserable and as the people on the interstate just outside of Denver saw last summer. Makes you sick!

2. Drink your water
Dont' fudge on this (remember the kidney stones). Water is essential to all of us. I am the first person to admit I hate water. I have found that by making it Ice cold I can at least tolerate it. Remember if you aren't peeing clear, you aren't drinking enough of it.

3. Follow up with your Doctor at Regular intervals. Get your blood work checked, and make sure you are taking your vitamines

4. Get up and MOVE.
We didn't gain weight from our exercise programs prior to surgery. We gained weight becasue we ate foods that are bad for us and didnt' exercise. If you are anything like me, I was and still am sedintary most of the time. However, do the little things to get your body up and moving.

5. Invest in a body Pillow and new Matress for your bed.
It's amazing, a year before surgery my wife and I purchased a new bed, becasue of my weight, that bed has a huge divit in it. no matter what we have tried, (flipping, etc) it still is uncomfortable. Also I tend to sleep on my side now that I have lost weight, my knees are way bonier then they were before. So invest in extra pillows, or a body pillow to place between your knees at night.

6. This is probably one of the most important. If you start feeling depression or just not correct. Go see someone. Too many of my friends have suffered alone through this and you ARE NOT ALONE!!!!.
I am now dealing with my self image. Before surgery, I used to tell people that I ate the skinny guy and he is somewhere stuck inside of me trying to get out. I wish i could say that he was out. but that sneaky bastard switched places with the Fat guy and he is constantly screaming to come back out. I know I have made huge changes in my life but when I look in the mirror it's the same Fat guy looking back at me.

Submit "Like the Energizer Bunny,  it just keeps going and going and going and lessons learned" to Digg Submit "Like the Energizer Bunny,  it just keeps going and going and going and lessons learned" to del.icio.us Submit "Like the Energizer Bunny,  it just keeps going and going and going and lessons learned" to StumbleUpon Submit "Like the Energizer Bunny,  it just keeps going and going and going and lessons learned" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing!
    You're amazing!!!!!! You took so many words right outta my mouth Im crazy cold all the time now too! Lol. I wonder if we will ever see the new us in the mirror? My family thinks I've lost my mind because Im always looking at different parts of my body in the mirror...checking out the new muscles or the new shape I have. Even after loosing 106 lbs I STILL SEE ME AT 291!!!!! When I weigh, my mind still sees a 2 as the first number even though its a 1. The mind is a complex being that's for sure!!!! I'm very proud of you Jim
    Your weight loss is amazing and advice is inspirational! Thank you!
    I cannot believe you had the surgery just two months ago and have had this weight loss. Wow!!! Amazing. Stay healthy, brother.
    Your story is an inspiration!!
    Wow! What a great success story you are! I will say that my mouth dropped when I read you wee sleeved on 4/16/13 and had lost 247 lbs. I then checked your profile because that much weight in three months would probably kill a person! I saw you were sleeved in 2012, but still, you have done an awesome job and should be very proud of yourself. Congratulations!
    Hi guy, amazing weight loss....you posted surgery 2013...did you mean 2012???? Worried that folks won't check and wonder why they can't do it. Cheers
    Im sorry folks, I guess I should have proofed a little better surgery was 2012 not 2013!!!!! my ticker has it correct and I apologize for the false advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponofMassInstruction
    I cannot believe you had the surgery just two months ago and have had this weight loss. Wow!!! Amazing. Stay healthy, brother.

it was pointed out that I oopsed and said 2013 my surgery was 2012.

sorry for the typo... this is what happens when I type while working.

Jim
    Thank you for sharing your story and tips! This is a great post and will be very helpful to many people. Keep the good fight going!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you -for the calm voice of reason. Glad to read your tips for success. Makes such good sense.