Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hace0101

Surgery went well

Rate this Entry
well I had my surgery on Thursday the 16th I slept most of the first day and part of the night was unable to use the restroom so they cathed me Thursday and Friday, Friday was rough for me, very emotional I was in a tone of pain in only one spot, when they put the waist support band on me it felt better but I looked down at myself and began to bawl like a child, my stomach in some parts were swallow and dis formed I thought to myself "my god why did I do this" I doubted myself a lot of Friday and Saturday but two people at the hospital made me feel I was worth all of this, a very kind nurse named Mary and my surgeon who had come in twice on Friday, five times on Saturday and four times on Sunday, Mary took the time to help me clean myself up and listen to me, she made me feel like a human and not just part of her job, My Surgeon Dr Luthra was also a saint, he actually said "thank you" to me for allowing him to help me better my life, He was kind and caring and spoke as an equal as a human, when I talked to him this morning about a rude nurse who yelled at me for sipping out of a cup and said she was going to be stricked with me it really dampened my spirits I told him this and he took care of it saying people are here to get better and need a positive environment. He was today my Superman, he showed he cared, and even took the time to order my meds for going home on Saturday so I would not have to run around when I got out and could rest.
I want to say thank you for everyone who thought of me on Thursday and prayed for my safety, I was not nervous at all, I felt calm and at piece god was truly watching over me that say and in part because of all you guys until later, Celeste

Submit "Surgery went well" to Digg Submit "Surgery went well" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery went well" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery went well" to Google

Tags: post surgery Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good nurses really do make a difference! I was on bed rest with my last child for 3 weeks in the hospital. I had one nurse that I finally had to confront to tell her I as not an animal and I wasn't going to let her treat me like one! I never saw her again, she was switched out with a saint who helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had a horrible recovery after my c-section, I thought I might not make it back home. She made me hang in their and cheered me on when I wanted to give up. I couldn't imagine having gone through that last half with the other nurse. Some people are just in the wrong profession! I'm hoping your recovery goes more smoothly from here on out!!
    Ditto- what a difference kind nurses and doctors can make. Mine were awesome as well. Sounds like you were well taken care of. Hope you are well and on the mend. Sending healing prayers your way
    nurses can make or break your hosp stay. glad you had an angel. i wish you continued success as you heal and embrace your new healthier life! -gordita.