Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JillianMarie73

With the Weight, So Too Do The Chains Drop

Rate this Entry
Well here we are. I have survived the first month of my gastric sleeve. Yesterday marked the one month date since I surrendered my stomach to the great nation of Mexico.

I can’t say it’s been a completely smooth ride, I’ve had my moments of restriction pain, nausea and frustration… and the three week stall threatened to crush my spirit plateauing me for a good 8 days, but at the end of my first month, I can say I have lost 16 lbs.

16 lbs man. That’s nothing to sneeze at. I have read many blogs and posts where people are light years ahead of me on the losing scale and for a short time I allowed that to frustrate me. Then I remembered one great fact.

The power of the law of attraction. What I ask the universe for, I get. Always.

It does not always seem like things are working the way they should but in the end I get the result I have asked of the universe… this rate of weight loss (which I may find slows further) is aiding me to help my skin retract – which is what I am asking for… no loose skin, no loose skin, no loose skin.

So let’s step back to the plateau. It was pretty hard on my nerves, and I think I allowed it to affect me physically because I started having some digestive problems as well, after all had been fairly smooth sailing for the first couple of weeks. I decided one day to sit down and think about the things that I want.. and the things I have wanted, over the last few years…

In May 2010:
I wanted to lose the weight and get back into shape
I wanted my husband to stop drinking and being abusive to me
I wished I owned my own home
I desperately wanted to have a baby, having fought infertility for 6 long years

In May 2011
I wanted my husband to stop drinking and being abusive to me
I wished I owned my own home
But I had a beautiful baby boy!!!

In May 2012
I left my husband!! (... but I still wanted love)
I purchased my own home!!
I have a beautiful son!!!

In May 2013
I am losing weight!
I have love with my soul mate!
I purchased my own home!!
I have a beautiful son!!!

BUT... I’m on a stall.

REALLY JILLIAN???

Perspective perspective perspective!

And the non-scale victories are amazing!!
  • I sleep Better
  • My pitting edema that has haunted my feet for the last 5 years is practically non existent
  • The sciatica is gone
  • And the biggest one is the strength I feel when I power walk.

Everyday I walk up the nature trail beside my office building at lunch time, or behind my home – and I feel the power. I feel myself walking away from all my misery of the past, all my heartache and disappointment…. The chains drop from me as I go. Pretty soon, it will turn into a run, and once I start running… I will never stop!

Submit "With the Weight, So Too Do The Chains Drop" to Digg Submit "With the Weight, So Too Do The Chains Drop" to del.icio.us Submit "With the Weight, So Too Do The Chains Drop" to StumbleUpon Submit "With the Weight, So Too Do The Chains Drop" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That really puts everything into perspective! You need to give yourself credit, not the universe. Great job taking a stand in your own life! Good luck to you.
    I love this post. You are really inspiring! I'm glad your reaching your weightloss goals and am so proud of you for leaving your abusive husband! Keep on thinking positive and things will be awesome for you girlie
    You are a child of the universe. Yeah for you. We are more than numbers on the scale. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Roberta
    Congrats on everything you've gained in your life!

Also, The people who lose more weight, especially in the beginning are the people with the most weight to lose.
    Great post!! Thank you and good for you
    (((Thank you)))
    You are inspiring. Keep going!!
    Thank you so much for your post. I am a positive thinker as well and every stall for me is just away for my body to catch up with me as spirit. I have a lot of changes planned an it is a little daunting for my body to keep up. Blessings and get ready for a new wardrobe.