Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Truebody

Thai Chicken Balls - you have to try them.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Truebody View Post
This is a FANTASTIC recipe, especially for those moving into solid food and needing protein.

500g chicken mince
1/4cup (60ml) Oyster sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon SR Flour
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 cup chopped Fresh Coriander leaves
2/3 cup (160ml) coconut milk (not lite)

Pre-heat oven to 200/190 C degrees. Grease 2 x mini muffin tins.
Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. - best done by working with thoroughly clean hands. Only sure fire way to make sure it is thoroughly mixed (but a spoon will do if you cannot bear the thought).
Place rounded tablespoons of mixture into prepared Muffin pans.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. I check at this time and turn the balls so browned all round.
Turn the balls out and serve hot with a dipping sauce of choice - soy with sliced chilli, sweet sticky Thai dipping sauce are both good.
You can freeze these and bring them out when needed, or serve floating in an Asian broth.

Hope you love 'em and that this recipe becomes a family favourite.
I have been making these for years and they work well post surgery because they're soft. It's the combo of chicken mince and coconut milk that does the trick.

Submit "Thai Chicken Balls - you have to try them." to Digg Submit "Thai Chicken Balls - you have to try them." to del.icio.us Submit "Thai Chicken Balls - you have to try them." to StumbleUpon Submit "Thai Chicken Balls - you have to try them." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Why not the"lite" milk Jen?
    Sounds good. What the calories in this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilby
    Why not the"lite" milk Jen?
    Too thin. I've experimented with cream and milk - I prefer milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Figueroa
    Sounds good. What the calories in this?
    Dunno.... Haven't put it into MFP yet and I guess it depends on the size you make the meatballs.
    Yum!