Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MissSparkie

Mowing the Lawn

Rate this Entry
Can anyone tell me how long it was before they were able to start mowing their yards? We have an acre, which I mow with a push mower. I know that I will probaly pay someone to mow it the first week but wondering for how long.

Submit "Mowing the Lawn" to Digg Submit "Mowing the Lawn" to del.icio.us Submit "Mowing the Lawn" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mowing the Lawn" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

its funny you ask because i asked my dr this exact question because i LOVE taking care of my lawn. He told me not for 4 weeks, and even then, if it causes pain, don't do it.
    I'm still pre surgery, but my guide says to walk, but that I shouldn't vacuum for 6 weeks (repetitive motion). I would think that if you're comfortable and feel like "walking" behind the mower, you should be ok? as long as you aren't having to fight it or bend over too much..... you might want to have someone else start it for you if you have to pull it to start it. good luck!
    With my surgeon, we had first visit about 3 to 4 weeks post op, then he can clear you for full activity. Prior to that he only wanted us doing walking and light exertion, no more than 15 lbs lifting for example.
    I have been dying to mow! We have 5 acres and a riding mower that is so fun to drive LOL
    I have been having to rely on my husband to mow the past two weeks and its a low priority for him so its been driving me NUTS! I just keep bugging him and it finally got done along with weed eating.
    I was told 3 wks and I will be at 3 wks tomorrow. I am feeling great, no pain, and I plan to give it a shot the next go around. I was having trouble just riding in the car from the bouncing but no more so I think it will be OK. I would say wait 3-4 wks depending on how your feeling and if you feel pain, stop.
    Updated 06-04-2013 at 10:47 AM by akbutt (double posted)
    I was told not to cut it till i visit on my 4 week check up and then we will see how im progressing. I must admit it was funny watching my little wife attempt to cut it. She missed alot but she did get the clover knocked down.
    I will be 4 weeks out on 6/14. On 6/11, I got on our John Deere tractor and mowed about 2 1/2 hours (about 3 acres in a bumpy field) before I decided to head back to the house. There we a lot of bouncing around and although I wasn't too sore and didn't lift anything, I did get nauseated for the first time. It was a dumb move on my part (maybe should have done 1 acre instead ) I hope I didn't jostle my insides too much, but other than a little soreness, I am ok. My advise, start out slow.