Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

txbluebonnet

Day 8

Rate this Entry
Sorry, wasnt able to check in sooner. Bad weather shut down everything here. Well, I'm alive and well. I'm grieving the loss of food big time. Good news is I'm down 11lbs since surgery day, Yay! Just slow and steady on getting stuff down. No nausea so very happy about that, just having trouble with getting protien shakes down. It feels like they sit right in my chest. Hope everyone is doing great!

Submit "Day 8" to Digg Submit "Day 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 8" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My surgery is Friday.. I am soaking up all the info i can ,,, I wish i were more excited than scared.. I cant wait to lose the weight, but I am so afraid of life afterwards. Praying i dont have regrets. Wondering if I too will grieve the loss of food, big time like you said.. So what is that like. were you nervous and praying you were doing the right thing? I feel like im bungee jumping. I know i need this, and Im hoping what I am feeling is normal.
    Glad to see you checking in.....can you cut the shakes with some water so they go down easier?

Hope your journey back to real food goes smoothly!
    I was determined to have the surgery but was still quite nervous. But I think I was more nervous about the life changes than the actual surgery. As far as the grieving of food goes, it is real, and yes most people have it. It's just a depressing feeling because you see and smell all your old faves but you truly can't have them. It is like loosing your control over things, but its for the best. Such as before if something was appealing to you on a diet and it wasn't something you should be having, you made the choice of "I'll be good and not try any, or I'll just have a taste". Now you have no choice your body will literally not allow it. Not at these beginning stages for sure. Basically as everyone always says. The surgery may fix your stomach, but it can't fix your brain. It's a process and it get a little better each day. I'm sorry for the long post . I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Farris
    My surgery is Friday.. I am soaking up all the info i can ,,, I wish i were more excited than scared.. I cant wait to lose the weight, but I am so afraid of life afterwards. Praying i dont have regrets. Wondering if I too will grieve the loss of food, big time like you said.. So what is that like. were you nervous and praying you were doing the right thing? I feel like im bungee jumping. I know i need this, and Im hoping what I am feeling is normal.