Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amazonia

Finished another Pre-Op visit!

Rate this Entry
I finished another pre-op visit at my doctor's office (Weight Wise in Edmond, Oklahoma) and things are going well. I still have to lost 17 pounds by July when my surgery is scheduled, but I am confident I can get it done!

A lot more has been on my mind lately about my journey towards weight loss. I find myself laying in bed at night asking myself, "How did I get here?"and "Why didn't I act sooner?" I look back at pictures from my junior high and high school years and cannot believe I'm nearly 200lbs heavier now than then. It's been less than 10 years! 200lbs in 10 years?! It's just unfathomable to me, I suppose. I just don't understand how I went from being a total athlete, playing every sport you can think of, to being 350lbs with a bad back and knee problems.

I suppose others go through the same though process, I just am not used to being so analytical of the things that led me to being this overweight. I love myself and I have always loved my body, regardless of what shape I've been in, it's just that now there are things I want to DO that I'm unable to because of my weight. For instance, I couldn't ride ANY carnival rides with my 4 year old daughter because I was over the 300lb weight limit. That literally crushed me, I was so embarrassed I nearly cried. Luckily I live in a place where total strangers can be the nicest people you'll ever meet and another parent with a little boy offered to let my daughter ride with them. My daughter just couldn't understand why her mommy couldn't "get smaller" and get on the ride. Trying to explain to my daughter that mommy is just too big to do things like that with her is literally heart wrenching. I don't know what a heart attack feels like, but that experience hurt my heart enough that I have a pretty good idea.

Submit "Finished another Pre-Op visit!" to Digg Submit "Finished another Pre-Op visit!" to del.icio.us Submit "Finished another Pre-Op visit!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finished another Pre-Op visit!" to Google

Comments

Yes I know what that feels like and this surg. can save your life. Literally. You can create those memories of sharing the thrilling rides with your daughter. I did not have the option of this surg. when I boys were young and now I have so many memories of missing so much. I had surg. last year and am at goal, still losing for now, will stop at 150 I think. My health is fantastic, no diabetes, bp, cholesteral. No pills. I am 71 and finally feeling that this time with the help of the sleeve I am here for life, no more gaining it all back. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Cheers
    I can completely empathize with you with why has it taken me so long to get myself in order. I got pretty teary eyed reading your story about your daughter & not being able to go on the ride with her, I feel badly that this happened to you but I'm thrilled for you that the future will be brighter - we'll done in taking action lady!
    I wish I could have a child, part of the reason I got sleeved is to try to increase my fertility. I'm 37 and was diagnosed last year with premature ovarian diminished reserves. We've done an IVF where my eggs failed to grow with the stimulation drugs and we'll try our last attempt in Aug/Sept before moving on to donor eggs. Hold your little girl tightly and be thankful you have her, pat yourself on the back for ensuring you have more beautiful mom/daughter memories in the future.
    That is fantastic you were able to have the sleeve later in life. I'm sure there are things you can do now you'd never thought possible! Thank you for your post, I appreciate it. -K

Quote Originally Posted by thenewmetoday
    Yes I know what that feels like and this surg. can save your life. Literally. You can create those memories of sharing the thrilling rides with your daughter. I did not have the option of this surg. when I boys were young and now I have so many memories of missing so much. I had surg. last year and am at goal, still losing for now, will stop at 150 I think. My health is fantastic, no diabetes, bp, cholesteral. No pills. I am 71 and finally feeling that this time with the help of the sleeve I am here for life, no more gaining it all back. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Cheers
    Thank you for your post, it really means a lot to me. I have a good friend who is 34 who has had multiple miscarriages and failed IVF treatments to have a child. She recently lost nearly 50 pounds and they say her chances are improving, I just simply cannot imagine the pain you go through. I wish you the best of luck with your fertility. -K

Quote Originally Posted by slim_again
    I can completely empathize with you with why has it taken me so long to get myself in order. I got pretty teary eyed reading your story about your daughter & not being able to go on the ride with her, I feel badly that this happened to you but I'm thrilled for you that the future will be brighter - we'll done in taking action lady!
    I wish I could have a child, part of the reason I got sleeved is to try to increase my fertility. I'm 37 and was diagnosed last year with premature ovarian diminished reserves. We've done an IVF where my eggs failed to grow with the stimulation drugs and we'll try our last attempt in Aug/Sept before moving on to donor eggs. Hold your little girl tightly and be thankful you have her, pat yourself on the back for ensuring you have more beautiful mom/daughter memories in the future.
    I am recently sleeved and I understand your pain. I went on a Florida vacation when I was a single father with my two teenage children and couldnt ride the roller coasters because they couldnt close the restraint on me. Talk about embarassing to wait in line for about an hour to only find out that 56" chest dont fit. That was the first time in my life that I seen myself as fat. Sadly to say I still didnt get the procedure then. Fast forward 10 years and I am still trying to drop weight and I get on the floor to play with my 3 year old and it takes me 10 minutes to get up off the floor. Next step was to call the Physicians office and set up appointment. I am sleeved now and in the last 5 weeks I have dropped 37lbs. You can do this.
    That made me want to cry, I know what that feeling is all too well and I am so happy for you that you are taking this step to change. My kids have been a huge part of my motivation to do this and get to where I am now, and it has been the best thing I could have ever done. I am sure when you get to do those things with your daughter it will make bring tears to your eyes and I cant wait to read that NSV. Good luck and best wishes on your journey
    I'm so glad you made the commitment to do this while your daughter is still so young! You may feel like you have missed some opportunities with her so far in her life but think about how much stuff y'all will be able to do when she's 6,7,8,etc...!!

Also wanted to mention that I see Dr. Broussard too! Don't you just love his little Cajun accent?? lol