Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Truebody

If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you.

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Two weeks ago I was wound tight as a drum - it was the day before surgery. Certainly calm, but understandably anxious. Fast forward 2 weeks and I feel sooooo damn good. I fell less stoppered up, less fat, less overfed, less cumbersome, less tired, less bogged down in my life and waaaay more hopeful.

My decision was never about fitting into skinny jeans - not that there is anything wrong with that - it just wasn't what I was about. I was about stopping the slow decline into decay. It was about change and now I'm feeling the fledging start to that change. Those of you that are sleeved will appreciate that I'm at the end of my two weeks nourishing fluids diet - which has been surprisingly easy to do - and transitioning in the next few days to really soft protein rich foods to get my tummy working out on something solid. I'm looking forward to the change, but not desperate for it. I'm also aware that this will be one step forward and one step sideways as I find my way with solid food.

This is what I love - I'm taking all this change in my stride. I'm not doing the usual overachieving freak out, I'm not setting up unreasonable goals that I cannot achieve without putting myself under stress and then berating myself as a result for not achieving them. I'm just so damn chilled out..... I love it. I am at peace that I've done the right thing, I'm at peace that this will work and at peace that I can lose the strict 'diet' mindset that in turn sets up desire for foods that are binge foods and bring on shame and guilt. It is such a relief. Such a weight (excuse the pun) off my shoulders. I haven't lost as much as others in the same time frame - and I'm even chilled about that! Who cares? I'm doing this for me, and my body is doing the best it can given it's unique make up. The only little tug that seems familiar is when I step on the scales and don't see an enormous loss.... but it fades and I'm thinking long term and bracing myself for the time the stall/s hit. I need to get my head well and truly straight before next week so the 3 week stall is a mere blip in regard to my ongoing success.

I have no aversion to coffee or spices (tried a Thai Red Curry soup blitzed in the blender, watered down with more chicken stock, it was great). Smells don't bother me either. Apple juice and sweet things are a little intense but delicious if watered down. I'm meeting my water targets, the toilet and I are friends in all aspects and I've got to grips with getting in my protein shakes.

So where does that leave me..... simply a better version of myself. I have had the 'mother' of system re-boots and I am so very very thankful.

Submit "If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you." to Digg Submit "If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you." to del.icio.us Submit "If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you." to StumbleUpon Submit "If you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you." to Google

Comments

Thanks so much for this! You can hear your happiness in your words!
    So glad to hear your healing and recovering so well! And thank you for the great motivational speech this morning!!!
    Great to hear. Big Congrats
    I'm so glad to hear how good your doing and how upbeat you are with the whole process. It gives me hope to look forward to. To think how blah I'm feeling right now and knowing in such a short time as two weeks life could be so much different for the better. Thank you for sharing, and keep up you great attitude!
    So pleased to hear u r doing so well after ur surgery - sounds like u r in a really good head space as well! A life changing experience.....
    Great update Jen!!!!!
    I think you took your"issues" head on and have had an amazing outcome.
    Your personal strength is phenomenal and I wish you every continuing success xx
    Congratulations matey. So pleased things are going well with you, and your description is exactly how I felt/feel. Can't wait for the coffee and catchup this weekend. x
    all i can say is WooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo :0)
    You go girl! I love it!!
    Awesome!!!
    Congratulations, you are on your way to realising your truebody-

(see how I put that in there, wasnt that cleaver?)

= )
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. It truly is uplifting. That's the thing I keep telling myself is that every journey is different. Some good, some bad. I know when the times comes, I'll be very scared and nervous BUT I know this is the right decision for me.

Keep up the good work!!
    You sound sooooo strong. I look forward to your posts of your journey as your mindset is what I also have tried to achieve. Pounds don't matter, my health matters and I feel better as each day passes. Keep up the great work.