Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sleevebelieve80

Husband not supportive. :(

Rate this Entry
My family is super supportive of my decision. My husband however is not. He pokes fun and says I have given up and am taking the easy way out, or it won't work. I can't even talk about it without him being a smarta$$ about it. I am still doing it because it's for me! I just hate that he is being so insensitive.:mad

Submit "Husband not supportive. :(" to Digg Submit "Husband not supportive. :(" to del.icio.us Submit "Husband not supportive. :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "Husband not supportive. :(" to Google

Tags: husband, support Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know how you feel. I've been there. Mine Is an azzhole too. Just ignore him and remember what you've been through and why you're doing it. if he dont like it then he can go else where with his comments.
    Keep your head up.
    Some men are affraid of change. If this is what you've decided (and its a great decition, so glad I had it done) Just ignore him and start your journey, you will be so gld you did!
    i feel for you i have been going thru the same thing.
    I hate that he is doing that but as you go through this journey remind yourself every time he makes fun of you, that he can go right ahead and gain all that weight you will be loosing. Try to use his unsupportive attitude as a way to push yourself and show him because I know YOU CAN DO THIS! As long as you believe in you you will make it the sleeve is a wonderful helpful tool and without it I know I wouldnt be where I am today so let him be hateful and let him change his tune when you look years younger and people are calling you "skinny" (it blew my mind the first time it happened You keep your head in it and dont let him bring you down it could be his fears of who you will be once you change in such a drastic way my husband went threw it bad but its so much better now. Best wishes!
    I know exactly what u going through. I feel like they are afraid of who we will become. We might actually have self esteem and be happy. If he's not supportive now he will get worse the smaller you get. Easy way out! Ha this is not easy. Easy is being overweight. Eating like a bird and not being able to drink more than a sip or two of something. Nothing easy. Men so ridiculous. Sometimes! Goodluck sweetie hang in there. Your not alone
    tell him to look up my blogs about this.........my change his life.....
    My husband was really worried at first, as he is a surgeon, and knows the risk of major surgeries too well,and thought that it was an unnecessary risk I was taking, he tried several ways to discourage me, at times I was very frustrated with him, as it seemed that his only mission was to talk me out of the surgery. Was lucky however that my husband was there in the theatre while I was being operated on, and it wasn't till later that I Was told, how nervous and worried he was for me. Since surgery he has been super, he makes an effort to go for walks with me, compliments me on my progress, I guess they are just very worried for us and want us safe.
    it is not the "easy way". tell your husband to go on the liquid diet with you and see how he fares. This is a health choice - plain and simple. we do this to live a better life. if he can't understand that, than that is his problem. He is probably jealous - knowing how hot (hotter) you'll be in a few months.

We do this for ourselves - let those around us share the benefits...
    So very sorry that your husband is not supportive. He's making your journey even harder for you. Glad you are going to continue with the surgery. Do it for YOU!!! Maybe he will change his tune in the future. Wishing you much luck and success!!! Don't give up!
    That's why I am single.
    So sorry you deal with that. Thank God for my sweet man. Good Luck!
    My husband was and still isn't supportive it's hard but feel positive about your changes! Your doing this for you! Not everyone understand what gets someone to the point of wanting surgery but after being sleeved I am not sure why it took me so long! You will be amazing don't think twice about his negative thoughts. This is the best decision if my life!
    Hahahahahahahahaha @ it being the easy way out.

Seriously...I have had to literally work my a** off. I have had to reestablish/restructure my relationship with food. And nothing prepares you for the emotional ups and downs that this rapid weight loss brings about!

I don't think I could deal with having an insensitive significant other...at this point in my life. Lucky for me I have an amazing boyfriend who has loved me and supported me through thick & thin for the past 7 years!

Stay strong...stay focused! Best wishes!
    My husband when I had the band, VERY reluctantly agreed - I went to Cancun, and he refused to go with me or support me in any way. I got home on a Sunday and he left on Tuesday for a trip - no thanks honey, I am fine, you go ahead... grrrr.... When my band slipped he was almost happy about it - again and again he has told me that I took the easy way out. I lost 80 pounds with the band and since I had it removed just over a year ago, I have regained almost all of the weight.
    Shockingly, he told me on Saturday that he will go along with the sleeve, but he wants me to pass my licensing exam first and the surgery will be a reward. Oh my. I want to have it NOW - I can get in with my surgeon in Cancun very quickly and I just want to be on the other side of this, but now hubby is against Mexico because of the cartels. grrr.
    You are not alone - you need to do this for YOU, not for anyone else. Hang in there and keep going!
    I'm not sure how a spouse has the right to tell you whether or not you will have a surgery. It is your body, your choice. They can certainly have an opinion but that's about the end of it. No one should be setting the criteria as to when you can have the surgery, you are a adult. It would be very nice to have the support but really, someone is telling you what you can and cannot do?? Sounds like you need to get your support elsewhere.

Now , if there is a financial impact then I can understand needing to be an agreement that the money is available (or doable).