Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

pianomom

How much do you eat?

Rate this Entry
I am 4 1/2 months out from my surgery and I wonder if I am eating too much. I eat 3 meals and a snack each day and I usually go 4 - 5 hours between meals. I am focusing on protein and am on regular foods and drink 84 oz of water per day but I seem to be able to eat several ounces before I feel the restriction. I have been on a plateau for some time and can't seem to budge the scale. I am also going to the gym 5 days a week (Zumba Gold 3 days and machines 2 days).

Submit "How much do you eat?" to Digg Submit "How much do you eat?" to del.icio.us Submit "How much do you eat?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How much do you eat?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You certainly seem to be doing it right but you didnt say if you are losing weight or at a stand still. I actually think you can eat 2 snacks a day b/c the meals are so little after the surgery.
    If you work out like say, you are definately losing fat AND gaining muscle at the same time=no change on scale. Ask the gym where you are at to take some measurements(if they haven't already OR if you haven't). Talk to your NUT about a possible increase in caloric intake. Zumba burns lots of calories (and will keep you burning more calories than normal for several hours afterwards), so you may need a slight increase. I would also suggest you consume protein after each workout-your body NEEDS it (and a small amount of sugar). Think a banana in a chocolate protein shake. Or some mango/pinapple with vanilla powder and ice for a smoothie. DO NOT have a smoothie or shake from your gym (if they have a protein/smoothie bar), these will be high calorie and sugar content-great if you are a body builder. Best wishes...
    I have lost 10 lb of body fat in 2 months when they last did my measurements. Thank you for the idea about a protein shake after the gym. I'm eating about 800-900 calories a day, 50 carbs, 80 protein. My NUT said I should be eating 1000 cal., 80 carbs but that just seems like so much. I see my surgeon next week so am going to ask him about it.
    My doctor this past week said to only eat about 1 cup of food at a meal, or the stomach can be stretched out. She has had patients who have done this. I am focusing on protein, but she also said to watch out for fats/carbs. She said especially watch out for cheeses and nuts (I had recently begun eating almonds). She said to only eat about 5 almonds at a time. She also said your body can only absorb about 30 gms of protein at a time, so to spread the protein thoughout the day! Hope that helps.