Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cookie22

1 week Post Op

Rate this Entry
I week ago today i was laid up in the hospital bed, in a drug haze. Fast forward 7 days and i am 10lbs lighter! feeling great except a nagging pain on my left side under rib cage. Been lingering for about 2 days, not sure if its gas stuck there, but i have been active, so i should have passed it, if it was gas

Anyways... i am ecstatic about the 10lb decrease. I have to admit i haven't been good with my protein shakes, i know, tisk tisk. But i have been drinking my water, and i made a soup with chicken and broth and blended it into a very thin soup so i am hoping that will help with some of the protein. I just cant seems to finish a whole shake like, i start with some sips, get about halfway through and cant finish it.

Started my vitamins today. (1)600 mg Calicum at 2pm, multivitamin at 4pm, and another calcium at 6pm - just like the book said. i also am taking b-12 in the am and Biotin.Im thinking i should have probably got an all in one but i have to use these batches up first, or it would be a total waste of money.

Submit "1 week Post Op" to Digg Submit "1 week Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "1 week Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 week Post Op" to Google

Tags: post op 1 wk Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

this sounds terrific. You are doing so good! Do you feel weak? Tired? Does eating tiny amounts freak you out? I am not there yet so don't quite get it!! Keep it up and keep us posted!
    I read something about the pain, maybe talk to your doc., as for protein there are some really great raw protein drinks that are organic, and loaded with protein. Also there is a Whey shot you can get at Walmart they are good and have 45gm protein!! Worth a try.
    My doc says you don't have to have to finish it all. Congrats. I am 1 week out too. Down 16 lbs.
    the pain in your side is normal. it last for about 10 to 14 days. If you wear a compression garment it helps alot. The pain is from the surgery. it is where your tissue is healing. if it gets to bad to handle I would talk to your Dr. But mine was just a pain that felt like a pin or pinched nerve in my side. congrats on lose. it just gets better from here. you will have you highs and lows but its all worth.
    They told me to keep walking to get rid of gas that may be lodged in places in your body! Feel better ... Take it easy ...
    I have that same pain. I noticed it is worse when I bend over or if I am leaning on that left side but it is not unbearable just annoying.
    Hi Cookie - how did you copy with taking the vitamins?
    So glad that you seem to be doing so well post surgery. I cannot ever read enough of the experiences in having and coping soon after surgery.