Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cbridges1962

Day 16 of my preop diet.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by cbridges1962 View Post
Ok, today I start the all liquid part of my preop diet. I have lost 17lbs since I started on 04.09.13. I can't believe I have lost that much, wow. I'm so excited about surgery in 6 days.

I was so pissed off, lol, when I first started this diet. I could not believe I had to do this for 3 weeks, especially when so many others don't even do preop. I went through hell and back, being a little dramatic here, hehe. Saying that, I would not change a thing. I can't tell you how much I learned about myself and my relationship with food. I had stated in previous posts that I have a brick wall and felt like 3 bricks were gone after a couple days. Now I feel half the wall is gone. I can hardly believe how food was controlling my life. What a revelation to be outside that prison. I am aware though, that I could easily get back there if I ever slip back into my old habits.

There are several factors that have caused my obesity. I will continue to discover all factors and eliminate them. My oldest brother is 56 y/o and has had 2 strokes and 1 heart attack. I do not want to go down that road at such an early age, or ever actually, lol. Anyhow, I know I'm rambling. I wish all my fellow sleevers the best of luck.

Have a blessed day. May God put his hand on us.
Cindy

Submit "Day 16 of my preop diet." to Digg Submit "Day 16 of my preop diet." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 16 of my preop diet." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 16 of my preop diet." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hear u about the pre op diet. Mine was for 14 days and by the 3rd day I knew for sure I was dying. lol. But of course I can't thru. I wish u all the luck in the world. I like u do not want to follow on the path my relatives have. God bless and keep us updated.
    My Doctor also recommeds a 14 day liquid diet. I am not looking forward to it. But all I will have is fluids and I still have to cook supper from a husband who I don't want living in fast food all the time. I too am hoping that this will make me look long and hard at myself and my love affair with food. Good luck to you and God bless.