Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

50Faye50

HELP! Can't get in enough protein! Arrrgghh!

Rate this Entry
Today marks exactly two weeks since I became sleeved. But, I seemed to have already become 'stalled' in my weightloss! I have only loss about 25 pounds since I started the two week presurgery diet to today. Not sure if this is normal - but it certainly is frustrating! Guess I was expecting more by this time, since I am still basically on a liquid diet. I have however, been having a problem getting down enough protein. I have tried various types - but not found one that I can use regularly to get all that I need daily to increase weightloss. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting in enough protein. What liquid supplements do you recommend that are palatable? Tried 'Whey New', I am not a fan. 'Premier Protein' is not bad. PLEASE share your suggestions. Thank you!

Submit "HELP! Can't get in enough protein! Arrrgghh!" to Digg Submit "HELP! Can't get in enough protein! Arrrgghh!" to del.icio.us Submit "HELP! Can't get in enough protein! Arrrgghh!" to StumbleUpon Submit "HELP! Can't get in enough protein! Arrrgghh!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Isopure Grape
    These are sold at Vitamin Shoppe, pre-mixed, in glass bottles... a bit expensive (but I'm still ahead on $$$ saved by not being a big eater anymore), but it's the only one I find I can tolerate as I loathe milk. 40 grams of protein in one bottle. Takes me from morning til evening to drink the 20 oz., plus melted ice (cycled 3 or 4 times a day).

Go to Vitamin Shoppe (if you can), and buy one of every drink they have, and try 'em all.

I do NOT like powdered mixes... the Isopure stay mixed, are not chalky, and are the consistency of water.
    I am down 17 and i am 5 weeks out I am very fustrated, i am on pureed food 6 times a day. i just dont understand why it is not coming off, i have Iron deficient anemia but not sure if tht is it or not
    You need to have patience! Every body releases the weight at different rates. I am 6 mos out and have lost a total of 66lbs. I have gone weeks without movement on the scale, but during those times I have lost inches. Your body needs time to catch up with the weight loss so far and readjust before loosing more.

If you are hopping on the scale more than once a week ...STOP! You will drive yourself nuts. Take this as your journey. Time will pass and your sleeve will work for you.

Best Wishes!
    When you find the definition of "Normal" you reach out to me, ok? Your doing good, 25 pounds? HELLO! Thats great! Every pound you lose, is like a healthy week added to your life (Not exactly, but you get the point)- Keep up the good work! Be creative, set a meal plan for yourself , along with a schedule.
    6am 3 oz of water, and 3 oz of protein hake
    9am protein and water
    11am lunch
    130 water and protein shake.

3pm protein and water

6pm dinner and water (not at the same time of course) LOL

Personally, I would stay away from PUREED foods, and stick with liquids for 6 weeks! Why you ask? Well I did, and I lost 51 pounds in 39 days.

I can PUREE steak, potato and blue cheese crumbles, THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD EAT IT = )

For me: I now skip dairy all together, because I dont lose weight when I comsume dairy, also, on days I dont take my multivitamin, and calcuim and b12, YOU GUESSED IT, I dont lose weight. And on days I dont get my 64oz, I dont lose weight..........Even with ALL of that, if I hit all of my goals, and I dont get in at least 60 (Dr reccommended 80g) of protein, I wont lose weight.
    Again, thats just me, but its exactly what the Dr reccommened, and its exactly the ingrediants I need to lose
    Best of luck to you
    Hello. I was sleeved in the UK on the 16th March and I'm experiencing the same 'stall' type situation and it is very frustrating. After reading lots and lots about protein shakes on here, I went out and bought a lot Whey Protein and then decided to call my nutritionist... She said that my hospital don't recommend protein supplements and to concentrate on natural proteins like chicken and fish etc. I know we're still on the puree stages, but I've managed things like Fish Pie (mashed potatoes, Cod and cheese) and mixed it a blender, chicken dinners, and Cottage Pie, which is like ground mince I think you call it in the US, we call it minced meat with mashed potatoes, lots of veg and gravy (all blended), but it tastes delicious even though the texture took some getting used to. Do US surgeons say the shakes etc. are imperative?

I lost 14lb in 7 days and another 4lb since then – devastating. Again, my nutritionist has confirmed it is normal and not to weigh myself every day, ha!

Good luck x
    go back and read your post... you lost 25 lbs! your body is going thru a LOT right now so you need to just relax and take care of yourself. the weight will come off. I had a really hard time getting my protein and didnt start reaching goal or getting close until i was at 3 months. just focus on what the dr told you to do. sipping fluids and walking. you are expecting way to much to soon
    I agree about Isopure. That's what I'm drinking. I bought it premixed in the bottles. I bought 4 different flavors to try. 40 gms of protein each and they are 20 oz of water! It seems to be working for me. I'm only 3 days out from surgery. I don't want to eat, just want to drink!

Don't worry, but do try the Isopure.
    Metabolic Research Center has High Nutrient Supplements that are 15g protein & are a liquid.
    I agree about the Isopure too. If it weren't for that, i wouldn't be getting my protein in. I have found it cheaper to order it. I ordered it from Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!

It is a little cheaper than GNC, you don't have to lug it from the store and they deliver pretty quickly. I have grape and mango peach or something like that. I like them both
    I like Champion Whey - it really has awesome reviews on Amazon. Have you ever bought unflavored protein? This way you could mix it in pudding - or jello or whatever to get a little more protein here and there. Just a thought -
    I also have purchased my protein from supplementwarehouse.com great prices and lots of free stuff when you check out.
    Best of luck to you!