Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Day 3 of Pre op Diet, headachy, hungry, grumpy & failed miserably :-(

Starting of a New Journey

Rate this Entry
I have my surgery on the 22nd of November, Just over 1 day away. Even after having been a Lap Banding patient for over 6 years. (Having had it removed in Early June) I'm very nervous about this next step.
I woke up this morning feeling like it's creeping up on me to fast.
But on the other hand there is a part of me that is excited about getting a new start.
I've struggled very much so with the post op diet.

I've never blogged before, but am hoping finally reaching out to others and reading about other people's quests will help me and also to help me stop feeling so alone.

I lost 40 kg's with the band originally, then it all rebounded. I can't even remember that feeling anymore and how my life was much easier back then.

So.... wish me luck for Tuesday, I'm very nervous, but excited at the same time.

Submit "Starting of a New Journey" to Digg Submit "Starting of a New Journey" to del.icio.us Submit "Starting of a New Journey" to StumbleUpon Submit "Starting of a New Journey" to Google

Tags: lapband, scared Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wishing you the very best of luck and good fortune.
    Good luck to you. May this be a very successful and rewarding journey for you where you focus only on the now. Don't look back!
    I would love to hear more about your lapband and why it didn't work for you. I started the journey wanting the lapband and found this web site and now am getting the sleeve. The people are so kind and helpful. I found a true family on here and I know we are all in what I call a boat and we are rowing to better health. Welcome home and Good luck darling!!
    Mississippi Hugs
    Cecilia
    good luck
    i wish you only the best! I will be thinking of you on nov. 22 for sure i too thought about the lapband...but could not handle the thought of all those fills and trips...gastric bypass seemed too drastic with the rearranging...and the malasorption scared me....i think the sleeve is a happy middle....good luck to everyone...thank god for wls !
    Hi Guys, well the surgery itself went well, the surgeon was so happy with me, he said this is the second one he's ever done without putting in a drain, as he was that happy with it when he closed me up. (not that I even knew there was a drain put in)
    I've been in hospital 6 nights now though. I went home after 3 nights but was back again the same evening with extreme abdominal pains. It was discovered I'd had a bit of blood leak into places it shouldn't have. Don't worry reading this guys, it's not common, but can happen. What I think would have made it worse was in the assessment area, they thought it was trapped wind so they were pushing on areas that prob should've been left alone.
    But 24 hours of pain relief &the pain is down by 60%, & it'll just take time now. Although I don't ever want it to be at the point it was on fri night. I have not screamed & cried like that since I was a child. :-/
    Hi Guys, well the surgery itself went well, the surgeon was so happy with me, he said this is the second one he's ever done without putting in a drain, as he was that happy with it when he closed me up. (not that I even knew there was a drain put in)
    I've been in hospital 6 nights now though. I went home after 3 nights but was back again the same evening with extreme abdominal pains. It was discovered I'd had a bit of blood leak into places it shouldn't have. Don't worry reading this guys, it's not common, but can happen. What I think would have made it worse was in the assessment area, they thought it was trapped wind so they were pushing on areas that prob should've been left alone.
    But 24 hours of pain relief &the pain is down by 60%, & it'll just take time now. Although I don't ever want it to be at the point it was on fri night. I have not screamed & cried like that since I was a child. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilia1959
    I would love to hear more about your lapband and why it didn't work for you. I started the journey wanting the lapband and found this web site and now am getting the sleeve. The people are so kind and helpful. I found a true family on here and I know we are all in what I call a boat and we are rowing to better health. Welcome home and Good luck darling!!
    Mississippi Hugs
    Cecilia
    I had my lap band for 6 year's, and initially it worked well. But It didn't fix the head. I got down to nearly 67 kg's (sorry.... Aussie, we use kg's) i'm not sure on the conversion to pounds, Anyway I was a size 10.
    What the problem is with the Band, compared to the sleeve is no restriction!!
    A band can be so restrictive at times, that you can get malnourished easier and get so hungry you'll go for the wrong things. (I ate a lot of icecream for awhile)
    there's the constant appts for getting the amount of fluid in the band just right for you. (As everyone differs) My mother had 2 bands, first one was put to high up, I finally convinced her to come over to my surgeon and he re did the band. Then after year's of no success, she got the sleeve 2 years ago and is nearly at 40kg's loss!!! Not to mention the pain of the lap band if you've eaten to much is excruciating, and if you bring it up, you're then stuffed for 24 hours as you've swollen it. If by chance you get something stuck. (I got a piece of carrot stuck once) I had to have the band emptied and then wait 2 weeks before I could get fluid put back in, and they can only fill it safely a few mls at a time, so there's risk of putting on weight again. Also, when you've had the surgery, you can't have the first fill in the band until 6 weeks after the intital op.
    I must say, within 24 hours of the sleeve surgery, I knew it was the right thing. Even though I had a few complications, and felt a bit sorry for myself. I still was happy I'd gone through with it.
    I hope this information helps you out. Anyquestions, please....throw them my way!!