Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lovesaqha

This is my journal of my gastric sleeve experience

Rate this Entry
3/22/13 was the day of surgery. I chose carefully my surgeon, Dr Ortiz, and had had the band done in 05 and then removed in 07 and so I knew the clinic and the staff already. Top notch. I arrived in San Diego on the 21st and stayed the night at the Tijuana Marriott. I'd been drinking protein drinks only for 3 days prior. At weigh in at Ortiz office I was 173. Obvious to me that I'd lost a couple durring the 3 days before. A few of us took the van from the Marriott to the clinic. I was still alone at this point and hubbs was to meet me at clinic that afternoon. They said I would be first to go in. They hooked up my IV and gave me some things that made me feel pretty darned good. Then I walked into the operating room and got on the bed. They put something in my IV and said I would feel dizzy. Sure enough, the room began to spin and I was out. I woke up to them calling my name and things were urgent. I was pretty sure that they were preparing to shock my heart the way they were putting things on my chest and such. Pretty soon 4 doctors were in my room and they were trying to tell me to breath or something. My heart was pounding I guess b/c that's what they were saying, and I had had a reaction to something. I'm so sensitive to so many medications. My husband was there by then and he is a physician and I felt better knowing that he was there. Anyway, they did something right because my heart rate came back down eventually. I need to get the lowdown now that I am able to think more clearly. I also have anxiety issues big time when it comes to medical procedures and this was my fear realized. My anxiety could have been a part of this but I don't know. They checked me often. The first night my poor husband slept in a "love seat" and I slept in the hospital bed. I was able to walk the halls on and off all night and I was happy about that. I don't remember anything hurting up to this point. Truly nothing at all.

Saturday 3/23/13 I was checked out and sent to the Marriott to recover and was so thankful hubby was there. We walked a lot and he took good care of me. I slept okay but was somewhat uncomfortable Saturday night. Felt some pains of gas. Pretty uneventful though over all. Don't remember much about Saturday. Didn't feel wiped out or hungry at all. Felt swollen and looked it from water retension.

Submit "This is my journal of my gastric sleeve experience" to Digg Submit "This is my journal of my gastric sleeve experience" to del.icio.us Submit "This is my journal of my gastric sleeve experience" to StumbleUpon Submit "This is my journal of my gastric sleeve experience" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments