Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

1happyloser2b

Which was harder for you?????

Rate this Entry
It was harder for me to adjust to (______________) fill in the blank!

Was it harder for you to give up coffee, give up fats, give up portions sizes,give up eating out as much,give up drinking and eating at the same time,to give up using food emotionally, was it hard to keep quiet about your procedure,to exercise? WHAT WERE/ARE THE HARDEST THINGS YOU HAVE TO ADJUST TO IN YOUR NEW LIFE?

Submit "Which was harder for you?????" to Digg Submit "Which was harder for you?????" to del.icio.us Submit "Which was harder for you?????" to StumbleUpon Submit "Which was harder for you?????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This post is right on time. I was just walking out of the Kitchen with a glass of ice water, wanting a SODA soo bad! Coke preferably. But I just want some SODA! As you can tell this is one of my favorite things ever. lol I have exactly 31 days left before my surgery so I have started to wean myself off of caffeine(coffee, soda). I cant go days without drinking it with no headache, but I still want it. I'll be glad when I can overcome this desire in my head. Well back to Crystal Light with dinner. I WILL NOT CALL MY HUBBY AND ASK HIM TO BRING ME A SODA HOME(I have to keep saying this)!
    This post is right on time. I was just walking out of the Kitchen with a glass of ice water, wanting a SODA soo bad! Coke preferably. But I just want some SODA! As you can tell this is one of my favorite things ever. lol I have exactly 31 days left before my surgery so I have started to wean myself off of caffeine(coffee, soda). I can go days without drinking it with no headache, but I still want it. I'll be glad when I can overcome this desire in my head. Well back to Crystal Light with dinner. I WILL NOT CALL MY HUBBY AND ASK HIM TO BRING ME A SODA HOME(I have to keep saying this)!
    Eating and drinking at the same time. I've made that mistake a few times and paid the price. So hard to give up because you do it without thinking.

I started again on coffee at 6 weeks. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but I still have a cup some mornings. My sleeve hasn't exploded or anything so I'm not sure what all the fuss is regarding coffee.
    The same - Eating and drinking at the same time. Second is no soda. I loved diet soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpishko
    Eating and drinking at the same time. I've made that mistake a few times and paid the price. So hard to give up because you do it without thinking.

I started again on coffee at 6 weeks. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but I still have a cup some mornings. My sleeve hasn't exploded or anything so I'm not sure what all the fuss is regarding coffee.

I think the fuss with coffee is the caffeine - it's a stimulant that also produces increased hunger. If you can have decaf, I think coffee is OK. Same with tea/iced tea. I now use Lipton diet decaf iced tea
    For me its giving up junk food, and I am four months post op and I still stuggle with it. I don't drink coffee, didn't drink pop prior to surgery and I can live without going out to eat but when it comes to chocolate, cakes and cookies, they were/are my addiction. It doesn't help when your marriage sucks either, they have always been there to help me cope. It's a daily battle for some of us including myself but change has to start inside before the outside catches up. I tell myself that daily but again its a battle.
    I had coffee as soon as I hit the hotel 3 days after surg. As long as I sipped and had half milk it was a joy. This is not a recommendation, just my personal experience. Good bread, can't eat much, this is good but I do miss a really messy sandwich. You know, size 12 jeans are worth it. lol
    I'm only 9 days post op. It's hardest to not sit at a family dinner meal with my other half and kids.
    I still crave soda, but I'm affraid to drink it for the pain that may follow!!! Totally agree with Latinastyle about not sitting at the D/R table after surgery!!! It made me angry and sad. I can now just small portions.
    I had posted this earlier. For those of you who like soda. If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohls, WalMart, etc.... you will find the Soda Stream System. Some WalMarts now carry this too. You basically chill water and then a machine carbonates the water for you. Do not buy or use the machine. You buy the bottles of concentrated flavor. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Lemon-Line, Grapefruit, Tea, Tonic Water, and about 50 other flavors. The flavors are so concentrated that a little flavor in the water tastes wonderful. It doesn't have all the bubbles, but you don't want bubbles anyway, they hurt. The flavors are identical to the real thing. I have used these since my lapband and they have helped immensely. I don't consistently drink these, but when I want something besides water or juice, they are a nice change of pace.
    Dennis
    All of the above
    POP CORN with real butter
    I think the hardest thing my addiction to Diet Coke. It was really hard to give that up however I am on day 4 post op and I don't even crave it anymore. I heard from other people that could happen but I didn't understand. I am not allowed to try coffee/tea but I will be trying that as soon as I am allowed caffeine. Coffee just doesnt seem to do it for me anymore. Weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by LATINASTYLE
    I'm only 9 days post op. It's hardest to not sit at a family dinner meal with my other half and kids.
    Why can't you sit at the table with the family and sip? Just curious.
    For me it has definitely been alcohol. I am working in bend, Oregon, and there are no fewer than 10 microbreweries in the area. Everyone serves good beer. Then going out and not having Beer with dinner, its tough. if I can overcome this temptation, I'm set. Lol.
    I miss SNACKING! I gave up soda 4 months before surgery and now I could care less if I ever have another one again (phew..that's behind me). I really struggle with afternoon snacking issues. I find myself looking for a snack then snap out of it and grab a protein shake instead. Not sure what the deal is with my sleeve but I still get a bit hungry between meals. I am a work in progress
    For me it was not eating and drinking at the same time and eating slowly, thoroughly chewing! Every once in a while I try to ignore these and pay the price.
    Eating and not drinking is the hardest!
    for me, it's the glass of wine...the relaxing part of the weekend...not drinking on the weekends has been boring. My husband stopped drinking with me during this journey since he was training for a half marathon. He will begin this weekend by having beer. I told him it was okay...he didn't have to quit for me...