Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Derinda

Band or Sleeve

Rate this Entry
Hi All,

This is my first time on this forum. I am trying to make up my mind. I went into this wanting the LapBand. My surgeon suggested the sleeve. She said I would get better results with the sleeve.

Any suggestions?

Submit "Band or Sleeve" to Digg Submit "Band or Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Band or Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Band or Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

sleeve--I work in healthcare and have seen some issues with band patients. my surgeon doesn't even do the lap band anymore.
    Sleeve. I am a nurse, after weighing all the benefits the sleeve seems to have the best results with the longest success rate.
    do your research there are instances where the band has caused erosion and it has also been known to slip. Just my humble opinion.
    Sleeve, I was scheduled for lap-band and changed 45 min before surgery and I am soooo glad... More successful, less complications...
    SLEEVE!!!!! And I say this because I personally know SO many people that have had problems with the band!!!!! One of them being a really good friend that after losing 90 pounds ending up in the hospital after eating Tuna salad AND ending up having emergency surgery to remove the band after complications!!!!! Best of luck to you on this journey!!!!!!
    My husband has the band and hates it. He has had so much discomfort and refuses to get fills anymore because he can't swallow when he has a fill. He's lost about 45 lbs in 2 years. He needed to lose at least 100.
    I had the band in '09 and only lost 50 pounds in three years and needed to lose about 125 pounds. I had my band removed and now scheduled to get the sleeve. I had too many problems with the band and could never have the right amount of fills. It seemed like there was an "art" to getting a proper fill. Good luck to you.
    Like most people here...SLEEVE!!!!

I know of so many people who have the band who hate it every day...compared to the hundreds of people who have nothing but good things to say about the sleeve!
    Hi All,

I had my 3rd month check up with my Dr and he agrees with all of you. I have done a lot of research and believe I will be getting the sleeve. I had also heard horror stories about the band.

Thank you all for your advise. I will continue my journey and look forward to all of your support.