Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rainbow

Take care of your emotional needs

Rate this Entry
A newbie on here is having trouble with this so i thought i would share my advice with Everybody on here as i feel this is really important. If you are feeling like your nerves are "raw" and cant tell if you are sad or angry but you know you just don't seem to be coping well with daily life there is something to take into consideration.First I just want to assure that what you are feeling is "normal" but it is also a warning. There is a good chance You are grieving your old life. Even more specific, your old best friend, FOOD. Food used to be a very good source of comfort and you have been without that particular support system for a month now. It is important to recognize this and actively find a NEW source of comfort. Pay attention to your emotional needs. Ask for hugs from family members and friends. Curl up with a soft blanket, Listen to some favorite music or movie. The main thing is find something self-indulgent to replace that comfort you have lost. You will need to continue to practice this all year until these new habits form to comfort yourself! Hope this helps! Love Rainbow

Submit "Take care of your emotional needs" to Digg Submit "Take care of your emotional needs" to del.icio.us Submit "Take care of your emotional needs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Take care of your emotional needs" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

thank you.....I needed to hear this today. Self care has always been a weak spot for me. I can take care of everyone else, but my own needs always come last. I need to find ways to take care of those things that don't center around food.
    Very sweet post!!!!! I haven't experienced anything like that, heck I'm just the opposite!!!! But thanks for sharing and I certainly hope it can help someone!!!! It may be me one day!!!!! It sure makes perfect sense!!!!
    Always great post and blogs. Thanx Rainbow!
    Great post, I'd add, that if a hug doesn't do it and along with the raw nerve feeling you have restless legs at night like SOO many other sleevers, try supplementing with Magnesium. It calms the nerves and eases restless legs at night along with PMS symptoms!
    Great words. Thank you for caring enough to share.
    Ty I needed that...I'm 3 weeks post op today. My biggest fear has been getting a leak..I don't think so much about the food....just when I read blogs about the LEAKS...I get myself in a state! Good to hear something so nice...Ty for ur post.