Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

imtad

Can't find old post

Rate this Entry
I have been looking for an older post where the conversation was about feeling like you've got a knot in your throat. I cannot locate it.
I am having a terrible time with feeling like I have an acid bubble at the top of my throat and a feeling of an under chewed piece of steak about at the "bread basket" area.
The acid bubble has made me vomit a couple of times. My mouth gets to watering so profusely and then I lose it.
I have gotten up and walked for 10-15 minutes on the treadmill and it isn't making it any better.
Does anyone have any wisdom or know who and where that conversation was posted?
Thanks

Submit "Can't find old post" to Digg Submit "Can't find old post" to del.icio.us Submit "Can't find old post" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can't find old post" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

this is something i had trouble with a few weeks. I had to stop eating certain things, doc said to try the items again in a couple of weeks. you have to make sure you chew the food to the consistancy of apple sauce. the stomach needs time to heal. the cause of the gastric juice is by overeating or eating to fast. If you eat more than 2 ounces then the only place for the extra gastric juice being produced by your body is up! That is why they say to eat slow and chew, chew chew.
    I should have specified. I am only 6 days out of surgery and am still on liquids. I sip really slowly and take my broth by miniature baby spoon fulls. So no food and nothing to chew. Thank you for that suggestion though. I know those are hard lessons to remember once you get to have the real deal food
    I sometimes get that sensation after eating...it . Feels better to stand and walk
    Gas and/or reflux? Are you on a PPI to control reflux? Made all the difference to me. Good luck.
    Imtad -- I have the exact same thing but each day it has gotten a little better. I called my Dr. about it and he said it's a normal part of the healing process and that a lot of people go through it. I'm 10 days out and I still have it but it's better. Initially, I could hardly get water down. I still struggle with it but it's getting better. Hang in there!!
    Thank you for all your posts this will help me with a better understanding when I get my surgery.
    I read where your stomach is still healing and is still swollen so that sensation can happen. Also, I take Prilosec every day and started taking 2 about a week ago. It seems to have helped. I'm hoping in a few months, I'll be able to go back to just one a day. It's tough when you feel that "lump". I hated it! But each day gets better. Hang in there!!