Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lissy

8 days post op

Rate this Entry
Well my journey begins. I have been over weight my whole life so when I could afford this surgery I went for it despite my family not being 100% behind me. They don't think that I'm overweight enough. I'm 5'1" and was 222, so very unhealthy weight. I've had the surgery planned and booked for six months and then on January 25th my husband died suddenly. We had been separated for awhile but still it hurts bad. Now my daughter only has me so I decided to go ahead with the surgery as scheduled. I want to get healthy and have more energy and hopefully remarry and have more children so we will see.

I'm 8 days post op and still very sore! The first three days my stomach was black from blood loss at the incisions and I had a lot of swelling. With each days that pass the better I get but it is much more painful then I anticipated. The only thing I had close to a surgery was having my daughter and I was up and dancing within two hours of giving birth so I was a little nieve. I did my research and I seem to be healing slower then most. Also, I have yet to have a BM even though I am taking laxatives and stool softeners which is a little worry some. I'm down 14 pounds since surgery and I haven't been able to be active so
I'm hoping that I can keep this up. I've been obese since I was 10, I don't know any other way of life but with valentines day behind me now and no temptation at all I know this is going to be the best thing I will ever do for myself in my life!

I'm up for any questions or suggestions that anyone might have to improve my recovery. It's neat that there is a whole bunch of other people going through the exact same thing. Without the support of my family it's been hard and grieving the loss of my husband is un-imaginable. This is my fresh start to the rest of my life and would love to meet others.
Cheers

Submit "8 days post op" to Digg Submit "8 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "8 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best of luck to you!!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!! Just take it easy, it's major surgery and your body needs time to adjust and heal!!!! Sorry for your loss!!!!
    Sorry for your loss, sounds like you doing great 14lbs is supper I'm 10 days out down 11 lbs down its nice to have other people you can go through this with,sorry your familey dosent suport you but they could change their minds when they see what this dose for you and improves your health,Debi
    First I am sorry for your lost. Second, I wish you the very best to your new journey. I will keep you in my prayers and your family!! {{{HUGS}}}
    Lissy, here's a big hug for you and support from all of us. So sorry for your loss but I'm glad you decided to go through with the surgery, especially for you and your daughter. You owe it to her to be the very best and healthy mom possible. Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery. Take it easy though, don't do too much too soon and follow the doctor's orders. Keep us posted.
    You sound like a strong person and obviously you value yourself. You have a great attitude. The pain is temporary. Welcome to your new life!
    Soon your body will be healed and you will be well on your way! Keep up your positive spirit and use this forum for support when needed there are so many amazing people on here

Bet wishes!