Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

goestogym

Pre- Sleeve Reading Material from the local Library

Rate this Entry
I checked out these books from the local Library - They all look promising.
1. "It aint over til' the thin lady sings" Michelle Ritchie
2. "The Real Skinny on Weight Loss Surgery" Julie M janeway, Karen J Sparks, Randal S baker MD
3. "Before and After"Susan Maria Leach

I also loaned out a cook book that seemed awesome--going through all the stages and modifying one recipe...I think the title was something like "Eating well after weight loss surgery" I got it on Amazon along with The Emotional First + Aid Kit by Cynthis L. Alexander PSYD

Submit "Pre- Sleeve Reading Material from the local Library" to Digg Submit "Pre- Sleeve Reading Material from the local Library" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre- Sleeve Reading Material from the local Library" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre- Sleeve Reading Material from the local Library" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Isn't the Emotional +First Aid book good! I'm still reading it (yep...very slow, but at least it's getting done). LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelNP
    Isn't the Emotional +First Aid book good! I'm still reading it (yep...very slow, but at least it's getting done). LOL
    That is a good book. Really stresses the importance of being mindful.
    I think it's important to have some kind of reminder about how to combat head hunger. I know well cause I'm on the pre-op liquid diet. How many times I'll go to "grab" for something or think about a fast food place. It's really important that not everyone know what I'm doing (select people ok) but I don't want any negativity or biased opinions about what I'm choosing to do. It actually has worked well to use a blender bottle, preloaded with the recommended protein powder and adding water when I get to work. It seems that everyone finds acceptable that you'd choose a protein shake. But 2 of my chronic "diet du-jour" co-workers want to know the brand, how it tastes, is it working? hmmm no way to just slam down the protein shake without it being a social event.