Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lidibear

Best NSV yet

Rate this Entry
For the last 5 years or so my weight has been so out of control I have held back from doing so much. Haven't been to an amusement park in 6 years because the last time I went they made me wait because the fat seat on the rise was taken. My sister, brother in law and husband were with me and we all had to stand aside and wait. So embarrassing. Last time we went horseback riding I stayed back in fear of hurting the horse. I have always loved riding.

Well 82 lbs less today. My hubby, parents and I went to the park for a picnic. Afterward I walked the mile and a half trail without tiring at all. Afterward I played with the kids for 3 straight hrs at the playground and finished off by taking them for another walk.

Best part, I was able to for the first time get on the slide with my daughter. Over and over again. The straight ones, bouncy ones, and the curvy ones. I was able to climb up the the slides through everything. The ladders, rock climbing walls and the ropes. We ran and played. Swung and slid. We had a blast. After 3 years I was able to give my kid the mom the deserved. My one year old loved that I could chase him around too.

I know this doesn't seem like something special to most ppl but to me it made me feel great. Like I can accomplish and conquer my goals. It was a reminder that things will only get better everyday and that I can never go back to the old me. I'm still 65 lbs from my dr's goal weight for me and 80 from my personal goal. I can't wait to be there.

Submit "Best NSV yet" to Digg Submit "Best NSV yet" to del.icio.us Submit "Best NSV yet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Best NSV yet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is something special! I hope that I'm able to do those things with my son soon. Congrats on the 82 and here's to the rest melting away! Best Wishes!
    You will. Time goes by so fast. You will be running and playing with him in no time! Thank you.
    Wow!!!!! Beautiful. I'm so happy for you and know you must have been on cloud 9 being so mobile and able to play with your babies. Love it. Congrats.
    You're doing so great! I love seeing how happy you are, and you're lookinn beautiful. It's like watching a flower bloom. Your posts change as your looks change, your whole personality shines, along wth your smile. Thanks for sharing, as you're such an inspiration for so many! Continued success, and keep enjoying the "new-found" you
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    You're doing so great! I love seeing how happy you are, and you're lookinn beautiful. It's like watching a flower bloom. Your posts change as your looks change, your whole personality shines, along wth your smile. Thanks for sharing, as you're such an inspiration for so many! Continued success, and keep enjoying the "new-found" you
    Thank you. This has been an amazing journey. There isn't one part of my life that hasn't improved. Again thank you for everything you've said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwander
    Wow!!!!! Beautiful. I'm so happy for you and know you must have been on cloud 9 being so mobile and able to play with your babies. Love it. Congrats.
    Thank you. It's great. Hahah, I can paint my toenails without feeling like a contortionist!
    Your post speaks to my heart like you would not believe. I have a 4 year old little red headed daughter, she is my life. I can not go down the slide with her, I can not swing on the swings with her for very long because the chains dig into my thighs. 1.5 miles? That makes me lose my breath in my desk chair (LOL) You are such an inspiration. I can not wait to be able to do all these things with my daughter, she just wants mommy to be better so that I can play with her. Thank you for your update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay Thompson
    Your post speaks to my heart like you would not believe. I have a 4 year old little red headed daughter, she is my life. I can not go down the slide with her, I can not swing on the swings with her for very long because the chains dig into my thighs. 1.5 miles? That makes me lose my breath in my desk chair (LOL) You are such an inspiration. I can not wait to be able to do all these things with my daughter, she just wants mommy to be better so that I can play with her. Thank you for your update.
    You will and soon. Just keep your eye on the prize and don't forget your reason for getting surgery. My babies were my main reason, now I am one of those reasons. I am loving life right now and feel like it loves me back. Geesh, I'm cheesy today I know. But I am just so happy.
    Congratulations!!! that is a wonderful NSV celebrate it. I love reading about parents being able to play now. That was a huge motivation for me in this and I cannot tell you how grateful i am that my kids are still young (3 and 2) so they will not remember me big and they dont have bad eating habits yet. I feel like I caught myself just in time to keep them from following in my bad habits and bad health. You should feel really proud of yourself for being able to get to this point and set a better example for them. You are doing great and I am sure you are going to get to your goal before you know it.
    Your post really resonated with me.. my 13 year old son is my partner couch potato. I am so hoping that as I get more mobile and active that he will follow along. It seems like my whole family has used my weight and inability to be active as a reason for them to be that way as well. Even my normal-weighted husband is pretty sedentary. I am looking forward to shaking all of this up! So happy for you and your kids!
    Your post really resonated with me.. my 13 year old son is my partner couch potato. I am so hoping that as I get more mobile and active that he will follow along. It seems like my whole family has used my weight and inability to be active as a reason for them to be that way as well. Even my normal-weighted husband is pretty sedentary. I am looking forward to shaking all of this up! So happy for you and your kids!
    Aww this is such a sweet story, I'm truly happy for you and your success...
    Very very awesome)) having 4 very active sons ... Being able to play all day with them is def something I know they will love and so will I