Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shrinkinggirl

My 6 Month Sleevaversary

Rate this Entry
The incredible last 6 months have completely transformed me- not just physically, but emotionally as well. Here are a few highlights of these post-surgical last 6 months:

* I have lost 79lbs
* I am off all medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol,infertility, and severe metabolic disorder
* I no longer have to use a CPap breathing machine at night
* I have 4 regular periods in a row after never having a natural period on my own in my entire life
* I've lost an astounding 20 inches from around my waistline
* I was asked out by two, that is TWO men who I never ever would have imagined would ever even consider looking at someone who looked like me
* I've gone from a size 24 to a size 12 in dresses
* I can run 3 miles without stopping - get up every morning a 5am to go to the gym 6 days a week and actually have people ask ME for fitness advice
* I appreciate food, nutrition, and the beautiful harmony of our bodies so much more than I ever used to
* I am happy every single day, even on days when I am also sad- and I tell someone how much I love or appreciate them every day
* I've met an amazing group of supportive friends on this website and feel lucky, blessed, and excited about my next two weight loss goals- 100lbs lost (20lbs to go) and my goal weight- 140lbs (40lbs to go!)

Submit "My 6 Month Sleevaversary" to Digg Submit "My 6 Month Sleevaversary" to del.icio.us Submit "My 6 Month Sleevaversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "My 6 Month Sleevaversary" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

All wonderful highlights!

Keep up the great work!
    Wow! how amazing your journey has been! You look great! Sounds like you're totally positive and this is a wonderful post! Great job!
    Nice job
    Congrats!!!!!!
    wow! Congrats! Definitely my goal is like you, having a normal period after not having one my entire life! It is sooo encouraging and motivating to read your post, thank you! And I loved that those two guys asked you out, way to go!
    Shannon, you're not only beautiful, but a gentle soul. You've done so well, and have been an inspiration to many on this one site. You're going to reach that goal, I know how hard you're working towards it from your posts. I only wish I had my surgery at your age, my whole life would have been different in so many positive ways. I also agree that this journey is so much more than just physical, the emotional aspect is awesome also. Continued success, and keep us up-to-date
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Ditto....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! What a testimony....
    That is WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations! Thank you for the inspiration.
    Congrats! Continue the great work!
    You are quite an inspiration!!! Congrats on your excellent achievement!!
    Wow, I feel tears in my eyes after reading this. So powerful & inspiring. I'm so glad for you!
    Awesome....Congratulations!!!
    Awesome highlights! Some other non-scale pluses: You're eyes appear to be larger than life and can see your soul through them. Thank you for the inspiration! I needed it today.
    Beautiful .... Inside and out. Congrats