Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Nanie Girl and Phranquie

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. The only protein type thing that I can stand is this whey powder that I got at Walmart -- Frosty chocolate flavor I've been mixing it in with 1% milk about 6-8 oz and then 1/4 cup or so at a time with my coffee. I'm not sure how folks adjust to that nasty taste, I had a hard time after getting my lapband also. I just kind of gave up. Initially I was a little worried that I was loosing my taste for coffee which would have been a travesty! I think it's the sweetner that I'm not liking, but the more liquids I drink the less sour my mouth tastes.

We got a new grandbaby yesterday, so I think I'll post that picture -- I think the entire 17 lbs has come off my face and avoided my butt!!!

We took my son out after leaving the hospital and I had two chicken wings -- don't think I'll try that one again for a little while, not sure if it was the hot sauce or didn't chew well enough -- wasn't too bad, but I'm not really liking the feel of much of anything in the tummy yet. I think I'm liking bendy straws as I seem to get more liquid down that way. I keep grabbing a spoon of cottage cheese or peanut butter every now and again. I've found that the Dannon greek yogurt is pretty good and fat free 13g protein

Anywhoo, let's keep in touch -- Rene'
  2. Did you stay in the hotel? I was third from last for the day and didn't get in until after 7pm that night. I went for radiology on Friday too, so I am sure I would recognize you.

I have already had the dreaded 3 week stall that lasted three weeks for me. I think I got mine early because I was on the two week liquid pre-op diet and had also cut way back on food the week before I started the liquid diet. So once I came back from surgery I did not see the scale move for 3 weeks which was very frustrating. But over the last week I have started to lose again. I knew in my head that I was doing everything right and that it was a typical stall but with the scales moving again I feel much more successful.

So far I am doing really well and am eating soft foods. I am amazed at how little I eat now. I do find that meats need to be moist or I get a tight feeling in my lower chest. Other than that I am trying new foods once or twice a week to see how I like them. I I just cannot stomach the sweet taste of the shakes and cannot mask the icky taste of the protein powder if I put it in food. So I am just trying to eat as much protein as I can in my foods.

How are you handling eating so far? Have you experienced any problems? 17lbs is an awesome loss, you must be thrilled! Hang in there with the stall and don't change what you have been doing , you'll be losing again in no time.

Frankie
  3. I was number three for the day on the 8th myself. My surgery was 11am -- I did radiology on Friday, so I think we'd recognize each other if pictures were up :-)

So how are you doing? I think I'm experiencing the 3 week stall that I keep reading about, down 17 lbs and smiling
  4. Hi, I am not the person you are looking for. I was in the group having surgery on 8/8 and stayed at the recovery house. I did see a lady in a wheelchair who was staying at the hotel with her husband and someone told me she broke her toe while she was in Mexico. I don't have any information on who she was but wish you the best of luck finding her.

Frankie
  5. I see Dallas and I'm wondering if you are the gal who broke her toe and if so, how are you doing ?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5