Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between pianomom and iamredforever

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. Oh I am going to have look into that. Protein chips. wow, now that will be interesting to taste. I am really getting nervous, I keep thinking I will never eat the foods I like, so I am eating everything. I just wish this was over with. Thanks for your support. It is much appreciated.
  2. I recently ordered some things from American Bariatrics and really like most of them. They would be used once you are about 6 wks out from the surgery. They have a sample pack of protein bars that they send free of charge. The Irish Creme Hot Chocolate is 15 grams of protein and I add a little Splenda to sweeten it...very good! I also like the Protein Crisps, which are sort of like potato chips but full of protein and they come in Ranch, Pizza and BBQ flavors. Sometimes I only eat 3-4 crisps just to take the edge of and add a small amount of extra protein to my diet. Myoplex Lite (from your pharmacy or gro. store) is excellent cold and has 20 grams of protein...tastes like chocolate milk to me. Best of luck!
  3. My biggest tips would be to walk as soon as they allow you at the hospital and sip your water as much as you can, chew on ice chips when allowed. I think those things really help with healing, pain etc. Once they tell you to do protein drinks, try cold Myoplex Lite. It tastes just like chocolate milk.
  4. It is nice to see a sleever that is around my age. i will be having my surgery on March 4 and was very worried about my age. I am 65. You picture looks great and I am amazed by how much weight you have lost already. Any tips?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4