Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Ann2 and erc70

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. You're welcome.

I assume you are talking about my First Surgiversary post?

Protip: Nothing about WLS will change life's stresses. The best thing I could suggest you do is learn how to say, "No, what you're wanting me to do is not going to be good for me. So I'm going to have to say no to your request," or some version of that to family members, employers and random strangers who want you to act just as you have for decades -- putting everyone else's needs before your own. You don't have to be rude. You can be polite and express all kinds of regret that you just can't meet their demands / needs. It takes practice. Some people won't even notice you've changed. You will actually wind up being able to help some people better because you've improved your own health and abilities.

Please ignore this advice if it's not an issue for you. As "tough" as I thought I was, I've learned (through therapy) just how much I ignored my own needs, while trying to make everyone else's lives easy-peasy. A lovely way to live, but it just about did me in.

Anyway, sorry for a sermon you didn't ask for. Maybe you don't need it at all. But if it rings a bell in your world, just think about it.

Very best wishes to you. And welcome!
  2. Hi Ann,

I just read this and it made my day. I have been so nervous about my upcoming surgery, reading this really put me at ease. thank you!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2