Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between dianna mann and 3kids4me

Leave Comment

9 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Shelly
    Thanks for the reply. I myself have not been current on the website as things have shifted slightly for me. I am so glad to here the weight is coming off steady for you. Do you attend any of the meetings they have on the first Monday of the month? I have been planning on it but I leave in Goodyear and carpool so it is a little difficult but I am sure not impossible.
    I had a few issues arise and things moved in a different direction for me. Of course it is temporary. I had a colonoscopy on April 17th and had some issues so Dr Blackstones office canceled my May 29th surgery date until I was released from my colon Dr. I guess this was a good safe thing, of course I did not at the time but have changed my mind since the decision has happened. I did get released by my colon doctor and now my new date of surgery is July 17th. I had a window given to me from work because others on my team had selected their vacation dates in June and July and being the surgery is elective I had to wait once again. I hope all goes well with my new scheduled date in July as I feel this would be the date it happens. I seem more at ease with this date. Partly because it is also allowing my hubby to get used to the idea and realize it will be happening. Well thank Shelly and keep me posted. Dianna
  2. Hi Dianna,
    So sorry! I havn't been on the site for a long time. I am doing great! The first few days were not great...was dealing with nausea (pain med related mostly). did much better without the meds and the pain was not bad at all. My weight loss has been steady...about 12 pounds a month. I can eat about anything and not a big sweet fan anymore which is funny. Dr. Blackstone and Dr. Reynoso are both great and have lots of people there to help you be successful. Don't worry! You will do great
  3. Hi Shelly...Oh yes I did reschedule my surgery date from Feb 27th to May 29th because my boss asked me if I would. So far that is the only setback I have had so far. My husband has his concerns and is not so fond of the idea and I hope his outlook will change when he sees my physical health and appearance get better. Thanks again Dianna
  4. Hi Shelly I know the password for me has been changed many times. It is blocked at work and this site would be really good to review when the times are slow so I have not had a chance to see you sent me a reply. Thanks by the way for the positive yes to the surgery. Sorry to hear you hurt your back. What a setback and one that you did not count on. You waited for the surgery and any setback sucks.
    It has been since Aug 2008 that I have been flipping this decision back and forth about bariatric surgery. I thought I wanted to do the lapband but found that to not be so definate as the sleeve is. I am so glad I finally did a yes and I am on my way with the blessing of my insurance.
    I figured Dr Blackstone would be scarce and see her before and after the surgery. What was the downtime from work? I work with computers and just want to stay home and relax and heal. I do applications and desktop but also have to lift them and move them as well. I figure I just want to veg out and heal. I have 25 yrs and over 800 hours of sick time so I was hoping to do just that. I wanted to know if it is tough on the body as I am 54 and figure I might not heal as fast as if I was 20 yrs old. Any tips would be appreciated. Oh sorry I just went on but thanks for the reply. Dianna
  5. Hi Dianna,
    Sorry it took so long to respond. I forgot my password and got frustrated with the site for a couple of weeks. Yes, I had surgery and am doing really well. The first few weeks were rough, but no regrets! I did not meet Dr. Blackstone until in the preop area, but she is VERY competent and likable. Most of the visits are done by Kelly (her nurse practitioner) who is wonderful. You will be very happy. I have lost 35 pounds since mid dec. Would have probably lost more by now, but herniated my disc about 10 days post op (NOT related to surgery), so have not been able to do much activity. Keep me posted on your progress...lots of hoops to jump thru, but happy with my decision! Shelly
  6. Shelly did the surgery go fine?
  7. Hi I was going to have my surgery at the end of this month but had to reschedule because of my work. My new date is May 29th, 2012 and I have yet to meet Dr Blackstone. I was told my preop meeting will be with her asst and not her. I guess this is the way it will be I am to meet her the day of the surgery. I was told this from Angelia the scheduler who is setting up the appts for me. I guess I am wondering if you can feel me in on any items I will need to know with my upcoming surgery. I am hoping to hear from you that it is something you do not regret. How is your weight loss coming along. I am 5'1" and 270 and hoping this will help me a lot. I would like to know your thoughts. I am in Goodyear and was told Dr B is the best of the best so I feel confident. Thanks for any info and hope to hear from you ...Dianna Mann
  8. Hi Dianna,
    At least you have met Dr. Blackstone....my surgery is next Wed. and I have not even met her. When I went to the info class, she did not come. When I had my pre op appt, she was not able to come...etc. I guess I will see her on surgery day. My surgery was supposed to be on the 12th but they called me Friday and told me they needed to push it back for a couple of days. Was really disappointed since I have been waiting since August...but what can you do? I am a nurse at Scottsdale Osborn, so I am aware of her as a surgeon and truly would not trust anyone else. It is nice to talk to you
  9. Hi I am going to have my gastric sleeve at the end of February 27th. The reason so far out is because of work, birthday and courage. I see you have Dr Blackstone as well. I think she is a very nice lady but I only met her once. Scary but she is doing my surgery and I have only worked with her staff. Can you give me any tips on what they are expecting you to do? Your surgery is close and I was hoping maybe you can keep me informed as I am in Goodyear. Hope to hear from you on items I need to be aware of ....Dianna
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9