Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between thesinger and Blackbry63

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 10 days before my surgery. About how long after the surgery were you able to work out? I do not like walking just because my knee is bad, but I love Zumba or doing cardio to salsa music.
  2. Congrats you are almost there. You want to follow your nutritionist and surgeons advice to the letter. Keep a log of what you eat/drink. Stay loaded up on protein. Take your supplements. Once you are given the okay to exercise by your surgeon do so religiously. You will drop the majority of your weight the first year, then it decreases and you want to have established good habits. I have several co- workers, friends and family members who had the surgery. ( at least 10 people) The one constant has been that those who follow the doctors guidelines do well those that do not find that the results are temporary. I'm 2.5 years out and I can eat 2-3 times as much as I could that first year post op. I can eat an entire saucer of food if I allow myself to do so. Carbs go down easy, but carbs stop your weight loss and actually will lead to weight regain. Protein rich foods fill you up faster and help you maintain your weight loss. If I find myself slipping I go on a liquid diet

Campbells Tomato bisque soup
    Sugar free jello
    Homemade soothees w/protein powder, flaxseed, almond milk, spinach bananas , ice cubes
    Soup broth
    Protein shakes
    1 gal of water daily w/crystal light
    Greek yogurt

I wish you the absolute best. This is a new way of life and it's worth it, I feel amazing. I know this was lengthy but if I can help anyone I try to be real about it. I promise you will not regret your decision to have the surgery. It's a life changer
  3. Your before and after pictures are amazing! Congratulations to you on doing such a great job. You are an inspiration. My surgery is a little over 2 weeks away and I go through the nervousness of I'm excited to nervous to excited etc. It's now time for me to be serious about my pre op diet so I will start that tomorrow I've already cut out soda so that's a good start. Any advice that you have would be fantastic. Thanks
  4. Sorry I saw the surgeons name, so I thought you had already completed your procedure. Good luck in December
  5. Hi, I'm not sure if you meant to sent this message to me or not. I haven't had my surgery yet it is scheduled for December 14th. I'm a little nervous at times but also excited and more than ever I am ready to get this ball rolling. I look forward any information you want to share with me. Have a great night. Michelle
  6. Congrats on your progress. How are you coming along. At 2.5 years out, I'm finding the hardest part is maintaining but I continue to work hard. I can now eat more at least a small saucer of food. I have to strive to make good choices. I've worked too hard to get to this point. Just sending you words of encouragement. I tell myself that eating the junk food does not make me nearly as happy as being healthy feels.

Good luck on your journey im sure you have worked real hard too. Best of luck on your success
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6