Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Sandra3 and MommaDuck

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for your reply, I am already in touch with other surgeons. My health, except for managed high blood pressure is quite good irregardless of my weight. This is the very reason I did not get extreme about loosing the weight. I'm just too big now to move about comfortably and I am raising a special needs grandchild. I need to live longer and be happy.
  2. Well, sometimes doctors see that there's a risk in doing the surgery and will deny you because they don't want to have a complication in their stats, it would make them look bad.
    If your EKG is fine, lung Xray etc. may be your BMI is really high and they are worried?
    There's many doctors out there. And it's best to pick a place with an ICU.
    Don't get discouraged so early in the process. When I see that doctor in the show 600lb who does surgeries on very morbidly obese patients, I think you only need to find the right doctor for you. It might cost a little more but your health is worth it!! Hang in there!
  3. I don't know why I was denied. I questioned the denial and after a few lame excuses I was told they would talk to the Dr. and get back to me tomorrow. My heart is on the ground
  4. I hope you will get approved very soon! Making the decision is hard, it took me months to decide, but once I was sure I never looked back. For my health, and because I have several conditions directly linked to obesity, I knew it was the only way to stay alive. It is a journey, and my first month was not easy, but it's all worth it! Please keep us posted as soon as you get news! good luck and take care!
  5. Hi Sandra3, thank you for your "welcome". I'm in awe of your courage as I stand at the very beginning of my new life. I have made the decision to have the sleeve. I am waiting on tender hooks to see if I will be accepted as a candidate. Best of luck to you on your journey!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5