Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Sarcastic_Bard and Romandona

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hello,
    I'm asking for help from you as I see you've reached a great weight.
    I had surgery 3-16-16 and have lost 106 pounds, but I can't seem to get under 200. Everyone says I look great and I feel wonderful for sure, but can't seem to break that 200 pounds. How did you do it? Did you struggle to get over the hurdle? I need inspiration and help. I log my food daily in My Fitness Pal and eat 100 g of protein and keep my carbs to 90 or so. I've tried the intermittent fasting a couple days a week. I vary about 2-3 pounds but don't venture far from the 204, which I am. I worked out with a trainer for 12 weeks and my skin and muscle tone is good, but still can't break that damn 200 pounds. I appreciate any advice offered.
  2. Thank you for your kind words on my pics.

104 pounds in a year is such an incredible accomplishment, you should be so proud! I hit some stalls myself, and I switched my exercise routines up a bit and temporarily changed my macros a bit (upped the protein for a week, lowered the carbs to less than 70 for a week, little temporary changes like that) and made sure to ignore the scale for awhile and gauged my weight loss by doing measurements instead and noting how much stronger I was or how much more loose my waistband was. I heard that after a year weight loss slows way down, and that's what happened to me. I actually have found that the weight loss got more steady with less stalls when I increased my caloric intake above 800 calories (but I was still super scared to increase my calories at first). I still have trouble reaching my 1200-1300 calorie goal but I'm working on that.

You are doing fantastic!
  3. Your before and after pic is awesome.
    You should be so proud!!
    I'm at a stand still right now and trying to stay focused on my task. Have lost 104 pounds and am just about 1 year out from surgery. I was told to increase my calories to 1200, but I'm afraid I'll start gaining. So, I'm attempting to really focus on protein first and foremost. Any words of wisdom for me? I'm fluctuating at about 206 - 208 now and started at 310. Haven't lost more than a pound or two the last month. Thanks for any words of advice. You keep it going - so proud of you. Romandona
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3